Chapter 20- The Perfect Date

The cinema was near empty when the couple took their seats. After twenty minutes of Severus complaining about 'imbecilic Muggle advertisements', the film started.

About halfway through, the pair saw a familiar face.

"He looks like me!" Severus excitedly pointed out to Julia, who was trying to watch Rowan Atkinson wrap up Harry's present for his secretary.

"Yes Sev, he does." Julia said, only listening to what he was saying with half an ear.

He hadn't been paying attention previously, as he only noticed Karen when she found he necklace in his pocket.

"Karen looks like Sybil." Severus remarked. Then he realised what he had just said.

"She does."

"So that means that we are-"

"Married, yeah." Julia smirked at the dumbstruck look on her 'significant other's' face.

Once he had gotten over the initial shock of potentially being married to the 'Bat of the Tower', as she was otherwise known, wore off, he resumed his enjoyment of the film.

They left the cinema laughing about only they knew what, hand in hand.

After rounding the corner into a dark alley, they Apparated with a sharp crack, appearing outside a small Italian restaurant.

A tanned waiter lead them to a secluded table outside in the garden. The fairy lights illuminated Julia's face, giving her an almost ethereal glow. Severus marvelled at her beauty, and inwardly wondered how he managed to keep the heart of the most wonderful, kind and sensitive woman he had ever met.

"Sev? You alright?" Julia snapped her fingers in front of his face, snapping him out of his reverie.

"Yes, fine, thanks." He sounded distracted.

This soon passed, however, as heir food arrived. Both found the small talk over dinner perfectly delightful, ranging from Julia's tuition students to Slytherin's current lead in the House Cup.

All too soon, the dinner was over, and Julia went to pay the bill, as she was the only one with muggle money. When she held out the notes, the waiter waved her off.

"I have never seen two people who make each other so happy. You are lucky to have each other. Go and enjoy your night, the food is on us." He smiled knowingly as Julia went to put on her coat after expressing profuse gratitude.

Julia then led Severus down to the riverside. The reflection of the moon winked at them in the water, and the stars smiled down on them. They walked the winding path to a small grassy area with many flowers. Severus picked a red tulip and tucked it in Julia's hair.

She nervously played with her hands in her lap, not looking at Severus. Her face was as red as the flower in her hair.

"Let's go home." Julia whispered.

"That is an excellent idea, my dear." Severus cupped her cheek with one hand, her waist with the other and they Apparated back to Hogwarts.

A/N Hello again, dear readers. It seems like years since I last wrote to you all, and in a way, it probably was! I can only apologise for the stupid time it took me to update, I have been swamped with homework and revision *angrily shakes fists at teachers and exam boards*. Hope the update isn't too crappy, I thought it was but you might disagree. I had an epiphany last night, I've finally decided where the story is going.
Sorry again!
~Hannah~