Chapter 3- A New Beginning

Julia woke up early the next morning feeling refreshed. She knew that breakfast would not start in the Great Hall for another hour, but she was very hungry.

She hopped out of bed, put a record on and started making scrambled eggs on toast.

"Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,

You had to hide away

For so long where did we go wrong?" She sang as she cooked the eggs.

She hummed the guitar solo as she sat down to eat. Julia wolfed down her breakfast in record speed. She stood up and started dancing the complex routine she had learnt in the theatre.

It wasn't until her three and a half turn pirouette that she noticed Severus smirking at her in the doorway.

She hastily flicked her wand and the record stopped playing.

"Oh please, don't stop on my account!" He laughed.

"How long were you standing there?" She groaned, face palming as she blushed with embarrassment.

"Does it matter? I still saw you. I've been here the whole time." Oh how Julia would love to wipe that smirk off his face. She would catch him doing something embarrassing so that they were on equal blackmailing terms.

"Dance with me Sevvy!" She said in a moment of madness, extending her hand.

"I don't dance." He said bluntly.

"That's what Chad said before he did a dance routine on the baseball pitch!" She flicked her wand again, the song beginning and pulled Severus to her.

"Who the hell is 'Chad'?" He said as Julia pulled him back and forth. She was smiling whilst he looked very uncomfortable.

"He's from High School Musical and... Oh forget it, it's a Muggle thing."

"You're crazy. Still the same old Crazy Lee." Severus smiled in return, shaking his head.

"That's me, completely bonkers! Come on Sevvy, you're not even trying!" She said, exasperated.

"Oh really? You call this not trying?" He said as he suddenly spun her around before dipping, their faces centimetres apart, in reminiscence of the Yule Ball ten years earlier.

"Much better! I thought you didn't dance!" Julia laughed uncontrollably.

"I do for my best friends. Which basically means you." Severus smiled sheepishly.

"No other friends? No love interests?" Now it was her turn to smirk.

"Um, no..." He went red.

"Glad to hear it! Couldn't have you going off with someone and not telling me! If you'll excuse me, I just need to get dressed." She released him from her grip and walked off into her room.

She fastened a navy cape over her pinstripe shirt and pencil skirt, billowing behind her as she walked, almost enough to rival the Potion Master waiting in her kitchen.

"Shall we go up to breakfast, as I do not believe those eggs could have even begun to fill you up." He sniped, holding up his arm as she entered the room.

"We shall, but one more comment about my appetite and I will hex you into next week." She said, taking the proffered arm.

"Now there's a terrifying thought..." He said in mock fear.

They made their way to the Great Hall, laughing and talking about what they would be teaching their students in the coming year.

"So people are miniaturised to fit in the television and other Muggles watch it? How do they get on all of the televisions of there is only one of them?" Severus asked after Julia explained what television was.