Chapter 5- The Boyfriend Problem

The next morning, Julia got up especially early to prepare herself for the feast and seeing her new students. She put on a midnight blue trouser suit with a pair of of matching heels and walked to the Great Hall for breakfast.

She saw Severus walking in front of her, although he didn't notice her. His (still black) cloak was billowing behind him.

She ran up to him loudly singing "Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman!"

Severus glared at her before saying "Someone is in a good mood this morning."

"And Ickle Sevvykins got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!" Julia grinned as she pinched his pallid cheeks, causing him to blush.

"Get off. I happened to sleep very well last night actually." Severus pompously informed her.

"Still doesn't stop you being Mr Grumpy-Pants though, does it? You don't want school to start again?"

"No, it's the period before school starts that I enjoy the most. I get to be at the place I love, but without all the stress of work."

Julia didn't know what to say to that, so resigned herself to silence until they reached the Great Hall.

The teachers sat at the High Table, and there was little chatter as the students were to arrive that evening.

An owl flew onto Julia's plate, simultaneously knocking her cup of coffee over. It was not a piece of parchment, it was a stamped letter. There was only one person she could think of who would send her a letter. Jonah.

She opened it with trembling hands and began reading.

Julia,

I know you are not in New York. I came to surprise you at your show, and when I went to the stage door to meet you, the actors said they had no idea who you were.

Why did you lie to me?

I don't appreciate being lied to. You of all people should know that. I will find you Julia. I don't care where you are, I will find you.

Jonah

Julia paled as she read. She knew he would not stop until he found her and brought her back to their flat. She couldn't ever return there.

Severus saw her worried expression, and took the letter out of her hands. He skimmed over it and Julia saw his fists begin to tighten.

"Sev, I can-"

"Is he threatening you?" Severus demanded loudly, making most of the staff present look up.

"I-"

"If he is, I'm going to kill that-"

"Sev!" Julia hissed as she saw everyone looking towards the commotion.

"What?"

"Not here. Just shut up, okay? We'll talk in my room." She pleaded.

"Fine. We'll go now." He pushed his chair away, took her hand and stormed off, Julia struggling to keep up in her heels.

The walk to her room was tense, with neither person making a sound. When they reached her room, Julia went to say the password.

"Sev, can you, um..." She muttered, not wanting him to hear her password, it would only embarrass her.

He silently obliged, taking a rather large step down the corridor.

"Severus." She whispered to the wall, and a door suddenly appeared. Julia motioned for him to go inside first.

"Were you planning on telling me about this?" He said, angrily jabbing his finger at the letter.

"Yes." She lied.

Severus didn't believe her. He knew that she would fiddle with a button or suchlike when she was lying, which was what she was currently doing.

"I think I might pay Jonah a little visit before school starts. Make him forget about you, so you don't have to worry about him anymore."

"Be careful Sev. He is very... forceful when he wants to be."

"I can take care of myself. Where can I find him?"

"The flat, probably."

Severus quickly hugged her, running off before Julia could say anything.

Julia could only sit and wait for him to return.

Severus' POV

I found myself outside the same door that I knocked on a month ago, where I saw the most beautiful woman again after four long years without her.

Heaven knows she couldn't reciprocate my feelings, why would she go for a poor, greasy haired man whose only other friend was his cauldron?

I rapped the door with my knuckles loudly, before stepping back.

A very tall drunk man opened it, glaring blearily at me.

"Whaddayou want?" He slurred.

"Just a quick chat. It's about your ex girlfriend Julia." I said, deftly stepping around the man and into the flat.

It was no longer the immaculate place I had first visited. Now, beer bottles were strewn around the room, rubbish everywhere. One of the guitars Julia had left behind was now in pieces on the floor.

"Julia still is my girlfriend you moron."

"Incorrect. She accepted a new job just to get away from you. Does that sound like someone who wants to continue a relationship? I think not."

"Who the hell are you anyway?"

"Severus Snape. I am Julia's... boyfriend and colleague."

Boyfriend?! Jesus, Severus! Where did that come from?

"Boyfriend! You wish. I may not know everything about her, but I know she has standards!"

"If I were you, I would leave her alone." I said, ignoring his jibe

"Was that a threat? I will not be threatened in my own home! Get out!" Jonah said before lunging to hit me.

I grabbed the meaty hand inches from his face and pushed it aside with ease. Jonah ran at me again, but the I easily sidestepped out of the way, causing the brute the trip over a bottle.

"Leave my Lia alone. Actually, scratch that. You won't remember her. Obliviate!" I said, pointing my wand in his face.

His eyes rolled into the back of his head and he fell down unconscious. Imbecile.

Before I Disapparated, I took off my cloak and burned it. I then turned my robes emerald green. Julia would be pleased.

Dedicated to BlessieViola12ADCY, love your Sherlock Teenage Years story!!