Chapter 28- The Feast

A/N A bit of sexy talk towards the end, look for the chapter division if you want to skip

When they broke apart, Julia rested her forehead on Severus', smiling softly.

"I hate to ruin this moment, but should we go to join the feast?" Severus stood up, and held out his hand.

Julia nodded, and took the proffered hand. They slipped into the Great Hall, where the feast had already begun, and took their seats.

"You're not wearing the robes!" Minerva scolded, her eyes twinkling.

"I apologise Minerva, let's rectify that, shall we?" Julia whispered conspiratorially, and charmed both hers and Severus' robes on them. She also cast a notice-me-not charm on Severus' robes, so he wouldn't see them until half an hour had expired. By that time, Julia expected them to be in their rooms, so she could enjoy Severus' reaction in private.

Everyone in the hall burst into giggles at the sight of the Potions Master in something other than black, a treat that only his NEWT Potions class had seen before. Severus himself just assumed that they were laughing at Julia's robes.

As the feast drew to a close, Dumbledore stood, and walked to the lectern.

"Good evening, students, I trust you have enjoyed the feast?" This remark was met with murmurs of assent from the four tables.

"Whilst we have gathered to celebrate the birthday of the great wizard, Merlin, there is another birthday that we must celebrate. Professor Evermore, if you could join me please?" The Headmaster gestured for Julia to take a spot beside him.

"It also happens to be Professor Evermore's birthday today, and I believe some of the students have prepared a gift? If you'd like to come up to deliver it?"

Julia beamed as Paige, Maria, David and Libby carried up the largest cake she had ever seen, in the shape of a television. Then, the whole school began to sing Happy Birthday. It was horrendously out of tune and time, but Julia was flattered nonetheless.

"Thank you all, now I believe our dear Professor Snape has something he would like to say?" Albus turned to the oblivious wizard. Severus nodded in deference.

"Unless you're all as thick as you look, you will be aware that Professor Evermore and I are in a relationship," Severus glared, but it was lighthearted. Everyone could see that Julia had softened his cold demeanour. He then moved to address Julia.

"We have endured the most difficult trials, both in our friendship and relationship, most of all what occurred earlier today. I love you very much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He kneeled down before her, and summoned the velvet box that Julia had seen before. The whole Hall gasped, Julia included.

"Julia Evermore, I'm not prone to expressions of emotion, but you are the love of my life, my very reason for being. Will you do me the honour of-" He stopped. It was in this moment that the charm had expired, and he finally noticed that his robes had been switched. He looked up at Julia, looking playfully murderous.

Turning to the hall, he said, "If you'll excuse us for just a moment."

And Julia ran. Sprinting through the aisle and out the hall, with Severus hot on her heels. She didn't get very far before he caught up with her, enveloping her in his strong arms.

"You'll pay for this, Evermore, don't think I'll let you get off lightly," Severus teased, his deep voice reverberating in the cavernous corridor.

"Shouldn't that be Snape, Professor?" Julia turned to face her wizard, eyes gleaming.

"Is that a yes?" Severus asked with bated breath, he didn't want to get his hopes up.

"It's a yes, Sev."

Severus swept her up, and twirled her around in his arms, kissing her passionately, before carrying her, bridal style, back to the hall.

"She said yes!" He cheered, not letting go of his now fiancée for a second. Julia blushed, and hid her face in his neck as the whole Hall erupted in celebration of their engagement.

"Congratulations to you both! We'll let you retire for the evening, so you can celebrate in private," Dumbledore announced, which was met with whoops and wolf-whistling from the male population. Even Professor Flitwick joined in, much to everyone's amusement. Not putting her down, Severus carried Julia back to their quarters.

~~~

"Now then, I think it's finally time we resolved that unfinished business from last night, don't you?" Julia flirted, as Severus finally set her down on their bed.

"Not so fast, madam. I said that you wouldn't get away with this little stunt," he gestured to the blinding robes which were now laid on a chair, leaving Severus in just his shirt and trousers.

Julia pouted, and sat up. "What are you going to do about it?" She challenged.

"There are many things I would like to do to you, witch," Severus purred seductively, and Julia shivered. She couldn't remember him ever being so... predatory.

"Oh really? Well, I might just let you, if you're lucky," Julia retorted, standing up to shed her robes, with only her dress on underneath.

"How kind. We'll have to do something about your attire for starters."

"And pray tell, what is wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"There's just too much of it," Severus smirked.

"Well then, we'll have to remedy that immediately, Master Snape," Julia hummed, as she set to unbuttoning her lover's shirt.

"Ah ah, leave that. Tonight is about you, my dear," Severus said as he kicked the door shut, ensuring that they wouldn't be disturbed like last time.