Chapter Two

Sun Saiyaan

"Another story that's sad and true, I can feel the pain, can you?"

- ROSÉ -

Chapter Two

Parvati walked out from her house and into the joyful atmosphere, blinking at Swara and Lakshya who were taking blessings from their elders with a huge smile over their faces, 'after ruining my Laado's happiness, how can you two smile?' She thought to herself, eyeing them with bitterness.

She burned with anger within whilst watching the two who snatched her beloved granddaughters happiness, leaving her broken and devastated. She had never accepted Swara as a part of her family to begin with, her facade of acceptance was merely on the wish of Ragini and Shekhar, otherwise Parvati being Parvati would've died than letting Swara and Sharmishta in her house and in their lives. Her sternness melted in front of the cries and requests of Ragini.

"Maa. . ." Parvati cocked her head to the side the voice was coming from. "Is Ragini awake?" Her expressions remain bland and bitter as Sharmishta stood in front of her.

"Yes. She's awake." Parvati replied and exhaled slowly, "but she's not coming down." She further added and Sharmishta creased her forehead, "why? Is she not feeling well?" She asked concernedly and Parvati nodded her head positively, replying to Sharmishta's question "and there is no point in her getting changed now, the wedding is over and Swara will leave soon."

Sharmishta released a tensed sigh, "I'll go and check up on her." Before Sharmishta could even move her foot in the direction of their house, Parvati shook her head negatively and cleared her throat, "no!"

Sharmishta flapped her confused eyes at Parvati, who softened her tone a little, "I think it's better to go up with Swara and Lakshya. They can meet her before they leave and she can also congratulate them that way."

"True, Shona can meet Ragini and Ragini won't feel bad about not being able to bid her off either." Sharmishta agreed to Parvati's decision, "I'll go and talk to Swara."

"Why? Won't she come here to take my blessings?"

"Hmm?"

"We will wait for her here, she'll come to take my blessings anyways, unless she doesn't want to."

"No Maa, Shona will come. You're right, we will wait for her here."

"Hmm." Parvati hummed and turned her head the other way, glancing at Swara and Lakshya who were still taking blessings from elders.

X

"Everything is over. . ." Ragini mumbled to herself, swallowing as she felt her dry throat starting to suffocate her. She let a small cough escape her mouth, but her breathing pattern changed. She slowly exhaled, making a fist and hitting it against her chest.

Having no control over her tears or cries anymore, she closed her eyes as they continued once again. No matter how hard she tried to stop herself, she felt suffocated if she had kept her cries within. She continued hitting her fist against her chest while crying, hating herself this very moment. Her life had no meaning for her anymore, she was nothing but a mere looser right now in her own eyes.

He inhaled, controlling his emotions while staring down at her. Guilt pierced through his heart as if he was being sewed with needle and thread. He swallowed, staying strong and bent down, sitting on his knees while holding her by the shoulders. "Ragini. Calm down."