Chapter Sixteen

Sun Saiyaan

"In the lonely nights, you were like the moon whose beauty healed my heart."

. . .

Chapter 16

Swara was standing numb and clueless, her mind was frozen. All she could only think about is how Ragini liked Lakshya and teamed up with Sanskaar. Her heart felt heavy as her tears seeped down.

Parvati looked at Sharmishta and Swara with anger, she sniffed and started yelling at them in a loud tone "this will always be your fault. I was against this marriage from the start because I knew my Laado liked Lakshya. You guys didn't even give her time to heal from the rejection and straightaway hitched him with Swara. You're the reason she turned obsessive. Swara stole Lakshya from her, what were you guys thinking? Who in their right mind would happily see the man they like marry another woman? You went through this yourself Sharmishta and now you put Ragini through the same pain to avenge her mother? All three of you called this situation upon yourself." Parvati then stormed away, feeling upset and slightly hurt but still grateful that her Laado doesn't hate her.

Parvati's words stung Sharmishta, who started crying even more. She was right, after feeling the exact pain Ragini felt of losing your love to another woman, she didn't prevent it. Instead she let Swara and Lakshya marry. She should've known better, she should've sensed Ragini's love for Lakshya and never let this marriage happen. If Ragini couldn't have him, she should've happily been the villain and said to Lakshya that he can't have Swara either. Her heart broke into pieces as she imagined how miserable Ragini must've felt, just like she did after Shekhar married Janaki.

X X

Near the car.

After reaching the car, Sanskaar faced Ragini who had puffy red eyes. She was staring in space while tears seeped down her eyes and he inhaled, gaining courage to speak.

"Ragini, what happened?" He questioned and she looked at him, he could sense how broken, confused and exhausted she was through her eyes. The pain she was going through was screaming help, it looked as if she would pass out any second now because she couldn't tolerate it anymore.

She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around Sanskaar, resting her head on his chest. Sobs and cries made their way up and he was startled for a moment. He would never have imagined Ragini would hug him, after all she loathed him.

"Sanskaar. . ." She sniffed and closed her eyes, "what should I do? I don't know what to do anymore." She cried and broke down, "my father is the reason my Mumma passed away. He pushed her down the stairs when she wanted to talk to him about divorcing her."

Sanskaar's eyes widened in surprise, he did not see that coming. Her father being responsible for her mother's death. That must be piercing her heart continuously. He can't comprehend how much pain she must be in.

"And Mumma had a family, that I don't even know about. She had a brother, I had an uncle. Her father was still alive! I met them when I was younger but I don't even remember them or know where they are." She sobbed and broke the hug looking at Sanskaar.

"Please help me find them. Please." She begged while sobbing and he nodded at her with moist eyes. "I'll help you find them Ragini. I promise I would." He replied and held her shoulders, comforting her while she nodded at him and closed her eyes, he pulled her towards him and hugged her, patting her back while she cried.

"You're not alone Ragini and never will be. I'll always be here for you no matter how much you hate me." He added words of comfort, melting her heart and she snuggled into his chest hugging him tighter as tears continued flowing down her eyes.