WEDDING

Getting the Su household's women and seniors' consent was a piece of cake for Ryu An.

The seniors need only the formalities: checking the groom's family background and the bride and groom's compatibility through birth dates. Of course, as was in the past, the two were compatible — a dragon and phoenix born for each other.

The Su women need only gifts and gossip. Leaning more into juicy gossip of the capital and of the two's love life. Ryu An could only divulge their romantic youth in their past life.

The Su men, needed much much more of him — hunting, archery, swordsmanship, literacy, horse riding, and even drinking. It seemed like this was their way to tell of Ryu An's competency as a man.

Father Su and Ryu An talked privately. They spent a long time talking for a few days. After almost a week, Father Su gave his consent.

Su jin did not know what they talked about but they looked closer. Closer than they were in their past life.

...

Preparations for the wedding was as fast as building the Jing residence. For the latter, it only took more or less a month......for a grand wedding — a week.

Su jin felt like she was laying in the sea, just going with the flow of its waves.

She did not partake with the preparations, still, she felt the wedding to be too grand...

And fast.

No more excitement and anticipation this time for her. Su Jin could not understand the excitement radiated by Ryu An though, he enthusiastically partook with every little detail of the wedding.

Not forgetting to visit his bride everyday, feed her, and remind her not to lift a finger until the wedding.

...

The wedding was as expected: grand.

Held at the Jing Residence, Su Jin rode a palanquin carried by her cousins.

The couple bowed to the Heaven and Earth, Ancestors then Parents.

The bride waited for the groom in the bridal chamber while the groom drank toasts from the family and guests.

On this night, only then would Su Jin understand why Ryu An needn't have her lift a finger.

Su Jin's little corner:

"..."

Su Jin speechlessly held her aching back.