9 - theater

Enjoy :)

Oct '22

hii all,

I've had a few messages and posts asking me about social media etc.. so I'm just posting to let you know that you can reach me on instagram @ mxdnight.png

see you there!

p.s. enjoy the chapter :)

"Why do you need an emergency supply bag with this many things."

I'm helping Aaliyah shove the million things that she brings to school into her locker, and we're both struggling with a folder when Camila joins us, eyes trained on her phone.

"Hey guys." She mumbles.

"You good?" I ask, noticing how she's anxiously chewing on her lip, still staring at the device in hand.

"Hey Camilaaaa." Aaliyah teases, and snatches her phone.

Camila tries to take it back as Aaliyah swings it around up high, announcing a message from Alec.

"Ooooo, he can't wait for the date tomorrow!" She squeals and passes the phone back to her, "Why are you so worried?"

Finally finding space for the binder, I slam the locker door shut so that nothing can fall out and smile at Cami happily, asking her for details on what happened at the party.

All I know is that she hit it off with Alec and left early to go to his place. We had her location and she'd sent a text to let us know she was okay. Still drunk, I'd ended the night by waving goodbye to everyone and crashing to sleep in my own bed after Tyler tucked me in. He told me later that he'd left the key under the doormat and must've left no trace of his existence since dad didn't ask me anything the following morning.

Cami eyes the corridor and hurriedly grabs both our elbows to pull us into a secluded corner nearby. Aaliyah and I exchange a glance, but our features etch into worry when we see how flustered our best friend is.

"I don't know what to do!" She wails, and we wrap an arm around her each walking towards a free lunch table as we ask her with concern.

"I really like him." She says quietly. "But I don't know why he'd like me."

Aaliyah moves her arm from Camila and faces her, reaching out to hold both her shoulders.

"Cami. You. Are. Beautiful." She emphasises, "Your hair is incredible, you have literally the best laugh, you're the sweetest person we know and we could go on forever but any guy would be the luckiest guy in the world to have you."

"Yeah. You're the prettiest and coolest girl around here. And you're badass." I join in.

She smiles and looks herself up and down.

"What if I'm too badass though?" She's referring to her black jeans and vest top with leather jacket combo. Her raven black hair is wavy, and we often joke that she exudes an air of Shadowhunter energy, she'd make the perfect dystopian protagonist.

"You'll never be too badass. You're the perfect amount of badass. I wish I could stand up to people the way you do, I just have my witty snark." I say to her.

Aaliyah adds, "You've had relationships before, and guys love you. Like, madly love you." We feed her strings of compliments and she smiles wistfully.

"Yeah but it's different. I.." She looks at us sheepishly. "I slept with him."

"WAIT WHAT?" Aaliyah exclaims, practically vibrating with energy. "TELL US EVERYTHING!"

"Cami!" I yell at the same time.