Chapter 3 CALM DOWN

Naomi's POV

Marco, Thatch, Teach and I had begun making our way back to the Moby Dick.

As we docked and headed onto the boat, we each acted normally, as if we weren't even being chased down by a whole bunch of marines.

Thatch unloaded all the food supply right away so he can get started on dinner for everyone. Teach had followed behind Thatch helping him bring the rest of the supplies over.

~~

I was kinda bothered about the whole situation that had went down earlier. I obviously don't regret stepping up and speaking out to that marine. It just doesn't make sense to me. Why would anyone do that. Do they not have a heart? It's just nothing I could ever imagine doing.

I went straight to my room I shared with Ace. I just felt uneasy with what had happened.

Before I had went off Marco had told me multiple times to try and not bring up the situation with anyone as he does not want this to become an even bigger problem.

As I had opened the door to the shared room. To my surprise Ace was sitting upon his bed. He looked up once he heard the door open.
Something was off with the look he gave. He just seemed as bothered as I did.

"Oh. Hey." I said as I looked at face trying to analyze what his emotion was.

"Hey. How was the supply run? You guys came back faster than expected." He unexpectedly asked.

"It was interesting.." I had said nervously scratching the back of my neck.

"Oh?" He seemed so interested in the conversation.

"I saw your bounty! 550,000,000 belly!! That's a lot, I might as well turn you in." I jokingly said trying to not engage in telling him about the chase.

"You know, you talk big for such an innocent looking girl." He laughed.

I'm not sure why but when Ace had said that, it made me a little flustered. Especially his laugh. I love hearing it.

I shook out of the trance and looked straight at him like I was jokingly annoyed.

"Innocent?! I literally see you shirtless every day and share a room with you." I added with some sass.

He just laughed at everything I said.

"So where were you today? What was it that you had to do instead of coming along with us?" I asked him curiously. I walked over to my bed and sat down to face him on the other side waiting for him to answer.

As I had asked, I noticed how he tense up and his eyes got bigger.

"Oh. Turns out Whitebeard just wanted to chat with me." He said looking away and I noticed his cheeks turning pink.

Teasingly see his state right now. I put on a little smirk and decided to walk over and sit next to him.
As had played close attention to me as I got closer and he tense up more.

"What was it about? Maybe a girl?" I nudged him playfully.

"W-what n-."

"Ace! Don't lie to me! I can see through you. Was it perhaps that girl you told me that you're in love with? Where is she by the way? Do you guys still communicate? Have you guys gone to-." Before I had asked any more questions, Ace surprised me and had put his finger over my mouth to shut me up.
The moment he had done that. I immediately focused on his face.

The features upon his face. His adorable freckles. His mesmerizing hazel eyes. It's like I've never noticed how beautiful he is. I began feeling butterflies in my stomach from how nervous I began to get just by looking at him.
The look he had given me wasn't annoyed or angry, he just had a smile on his face but not a huge one. Just one enough to make me know that he's politely trying to get me to slow down.