Chapter 12 HER/HIM

Naomi's POV

Ever since Marco had caught Ace and I almost kissing, I've been locked in my room. I can't face Ace now! It would be so awkward.
I can't fall in love with Ace. I know, Ace is such a caring person. He speaks his mind which I admire, he has such a great personality but I just can't fall in love with him. I know that I was once in love with someone here and I need to find him quick. I can't afford anymore handsome distractions.

I've been in my room for a day and now it's time to start another one.

I ran out of snacks in my room and so I'm forced to go out and face them. But obviously before that, I shower.

I hop out of bed and go into my walk in closet. I pull out big green hoodie and some shorts, then move on to getting my underwear. After getting my clothes, I go to my private bathroom to begin my shower.

Ace's POV

I lay in bed just thinking about that night.
That's all I have been thinking about since its happened.
Do we feel something towards each other or did it just almost happen because it was late and we were just tired?

All of these thoughts just keep building up in my head repeatedly. I don't know what to think.
Yeah, Naomi is a really beautiful gir- women and funny, sweet, caring, but I don't know how I feel about her. I haven't had feelings for someone since .. her.

Although I can't quite remember what she looked like or what her name was but she looks similar to Naomi but I know that's not her. It was so long ago.
But I know, I know I was in love with her.

I just don't know if I'm in love with Naomi.
Naomi hasn't even come out of her room since we've almost kissed.
Maybe she would feel awkward to see me.

I can't help but wonder if we did manage to kiss, would we be with each other?

Damn you Marco! You just had to ruin it didn't you. Oh well. I would be surprised if Marco didn't do something.

I roll out of bed and walk out the room.

I go up the stairs to the third floor which is where Marco should be navigating.

"Look who just woke up" Marco says as he sees me enter the room.

"For your information, I haven't slept." I said walking up to him.

"Well I would start getting some rest if I were you. We're almost there to Whitebeard's ship and you should already know, they're gonna celebrate on us coming back ."

"Wow we're really almost there?" I say in shock.

"Heyy, look um Ace.." Marco began to speak as he faced me.

"I'm sorry I bursted out on you and Naomi like that the other night. I didn't know you two felt like that towards each other."

"It's seriously okay Marco. You knocked us back into our senses, I mean we were half asleep and didn't know what we were doing." I chuckle as I scratch the back of my neck.

Marco looked straight at me.

"Ace, I know you. You can't just deny the fact that you have feelings towards Naomi. You're not the type of guy who would just almost kiss someone because you were quote 'half asleep'. I know she must've felt something towards you too, otherwise she wouldn't have locked herself in her room for almost a 2 days."

Marcos words really got me. Now I'm certain. I know I have feelings for her.
But I'm not sure she 100% feels something for me.

"Marco. I need you to keep this just between us. I don't want Naomi to know I have feelings for her."

"Ok ok, I won't say anything to Naomi... shouldn't we check on her? She's hasn't eaten anything." Marco suggested

"You're right. I'll go bring her up some lunch." I said making my way downstairs to the kitchen.

I decided to bring Naomi some meat I had cooked up and rice. I grip the plate in my hand.. but I didn't move an inch from the kitchen.

I had began to feel nervous. Now that I know I have feelings towards Naomi, I don't even know how I'll react around her.
I stood there for another few minutes panicking until I heard someone coming down the stairs sounding like they were coming towards the kitchen.
I turn my head towards the sound.

As the door opened to the kitchen, I see her damped red hair in a bun as she wears an orange sundress that suits her slightly tanned skin tone. Her eyes meet mine right away and she stops midway from opening the door.
"Ahh- sorry I didn't think anyone would be here right now, I'll just come back later." Naomi says quickly before turning back around.

I put the plate of food on the counter and chase after her not letting my own mind take control. As soon as I had opened the door and seen her halfway up the stairs, I called out her to which she had stopped immediately.

"Naomi.. I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable after what happened the other night but you shouldn't starve yourself by locking yourself in your room hiding from me."

Naomi just turns to face me from up the stairs without a word.

"If I really make you uncomfortable... then I guess I should just leave." I say with my voice sounding real low while looking away from her gaze.

I look up to her but
She just stands there starring at me. I turn around to walk away to my room.

"A-Ace" I hear her say and immediately turn around.

"You don't make me feel uncomfortable I promise." She says making direct eye contact with me.

"I-I was just to embarrassed from that night to even show my face to you guys. Knowing the both of you, you'll make fun of me together." She continued as her face went red and starred at the ground.

"I don't want you to leave. I'm sorry about what happened that night too, we both just weren't fully awake... look I don't want you to get the wrong idea, but I'm already in love with someone else a-and I'm pretty sure you have someone special too."

As soon as she finished my heart felt as if it got stomped on.

"Y-yeah of course I have someone special." It's you.

I lied to keep me from embarrassment. I didn't want her to know it was only one sided love.

"Ohh.... that's great!" She said.
"I'm really glad you have someone. Hopefully one day I can meet her."

"Yeahh.. anyways Naomi you should eat. I was gonna bring you something not knowing you'll come down yourself, it's on the counter. I'm gonna go check on Marco." Before she could say anything more, I hurried and walked passed her up the stairs to the third floor.

I didn't want to hear anything more that would just rip my heart more. I should have known she already had someone. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on.

Why would she be with someone like me.