01. The Substitute Sweet Sellers

the baby project act one
" almost like a pregnancy "
﹙ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗕𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗧𝗨𝗧𝗘 𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗥𝗦. ﹚

 ﹚

     ADELAIDE SWEENEY clutched onto the tatted, leather strap of her mother's old haversack, as she stood staring at the crimson caravan, emitting clouds of steam that floated to her nose and clogged her breathing pipes

     She tried not to cough.

     "I really don't need you to hold my hand, you know, Laurie," Reid Sweeney whined, as he tugged his hand away from his older sister, Laurence, still drastically worried for her baby brother's wellbeing when it came to September first. "I am 12. It's not my first year anymore." he reiterated his feelings regarding how clingy and overly-worried Laurie gets when it comes to Reid.

     Laurie sighed, "That's not the point," she argued, letting her hand drop to her side, scuffing up his hair before he could escape her grasp completely.

     "He's right, Laurie," Addie chimed in, passing her bag to the kind man, so it could be safely stowed in the train's storage, before facing her siblings once again, "You need to let go," she said dramatically, causing a short snort to escape Reid's nose.

     Laurence was only older than Addie by ten months but still claimed to be the mother of the trio of Sweeney children. Last year, the year of 1994, Laurie could barely let Reid out of her sight. It was her natural mothering tendencies that overtook her persona of being the "cool older sister" that day when Reid was finally starting Wizarding school. Laurie was practically terrified something could go wrong. Addie amused herself with the crazed possibilities that Laurie had come up with. Laurie had even thought Reid being sorted into Slytherin would be a catastrophe. He wasn't, and Laurie was put to ease when the sorting hat yelled "Hufflepuff!".

     Laurie tutted, "Oh come on." she lurched forward and grasped onto Reid's hand, causing the boy to rock back suddenly, his eyes widening. "We've lost mum and dad," she sighed exasperatedly as she ushered Addie and Reid to follow her back from the bag drop and over to where Lennon and Shelby Sweeney were peacefully waiting.