14. Death by Dragon Dung

the baby project — act two

" welcome to parenthood "
﹙ 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛 𝗕𝗬 𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗚𝗢𝗡 𝗗𝗨𝗡𝗚. ﹚

     AND SO HERE IT WAS, ADDIE'S FIRST LESSON WITH A SIMULATED BABY. It was Herbology, a lesson she would usually thoroughly enjoy, but right about now, she wouldn't mind if Professor Sprout could give her some kind of robot-friendly plant that would shut her baby up. At this point, she would be happy to shove some Dragon Dung down her own throat to put her in the hospital wing just to take the weight off for a couple of days. Then again, she'd lose too much school time and she doesn't trust George enough to leave him alone with Shelley for that long because he'd not doubt lose them points.

     They were currently ranked 43rd out of a grand total of 71. So Death by Dragon Dung was not going to be on her very booked itinerary after all.

     "Apparently the professors have permission to put the babies to sleep if they get too loud," Tate told Addie and Clayton as the three of them headed outside for their morning Herbology lesson. Only Tate and Addie had their babies for this class; Clayton was off the hook until fourth.

     "So nice of them to eliminate any possible distractions before our upcoming, only slightly important exams," Clayton rolled his eyes. It was going to take a lot of time before the majority of the seventh years warmed to, or at least got used to, the idea of hauling a kid around for the next several months.

     Entering the Greenhouse with a baby was certainly a new experience, especially since there were now cots alongside the bench space where they would usually keep their bags and coats. It was a strange feeling as Addie placed her now quiet baby down and left her to go and study next door.

     That was the weirdest part of the lesson by far. Not planting Lovage plants using dragon poo as fertiliser.

     Professor Sprout had each given them a patch of soil to prepare for the plants and it wasn't long before the class of herbologists were planting the Lovage in their beds.