08. Unfamiliar Territory

the baby project — act one
" almost like a pregnancy "
﹙ 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗔𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬. ﹚

     "THINK OF IT AS HOUSE PRIDE

     "THINK OF IT AS HOUSE PRIDE."

     "But I'm not in your house?"

     Gia Meadowes, proud Gryffindor, currently experiencing the post-Quidditch-win highs, thought it was utterly stupid that her best friend, Addie ─ non-Gryffindor, with no care for any school Quidditch result ever ─ won't be joining her in the Gryffindor common room for some Thursday evening celebrations.

     Addie's reasoning is perfectly simple. First, there's the obvious fact that she is not a Gryffindor and it would be strange for a Hufflepuff to not only show up in the Gryffindor common room but to celebrate their success too would just be unheard of. And her second reason is ─ and Addie will continue to claim that said boy has absolutely no residence in her mind whatsoever ─ she would rather her night not be ruined by a boasting George Weasley.

     She decided it best to base her argument on the former.

     Gia resisted the urge to roll her eyes. In her opinion, Addie had no valid reason to not accompany her at the Gryffindor celebrations, and this was all just an act of Adelaide's stubbornness. She heaved a sigh, "Neither are these three but they're coming!" she gestured with her thumb to the three friends sitting surrounding them.

     The Great Hall was full of life in the evenings, bustling with hungry children huddled around table-lit feasts, the ceiling overhead a clear black canvas, sprinkled with twinkling stars. Addie glanced around the group.

     Clayton was mixing the contents of his baked potato to his particular satisfaction. Laurie had her arm wrapped around the goblet she was sipping, impatiently waiting for her sister to grant them some fun. And Quinn was neatly cutting her chicken steak into perfect pieces. Jazz had already retired for the night claiming she was doing a paper for Snape and, after a grim defeat on the Quidditch pitch, she probably would not be joining them until next week.