10. Life Skills

the baby project — act one
" almost like a pregnancy "
﹙ 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗦. ﹚

ADDIE WAS CONVINCED THAT THE HEFTY EXERCISE REQUIRED TO REACH THE old Muggle Studies room on the top floor of the East Wing was a sign from the universe that whatever was waiting for her in this newly revived classroom was not going to go well. She just hadn't worked out what yet.

When they finally clambered to the top of the spiral staircase after what had been no more than an eternity, the last class were only just leaving. Addie spotted her two roommates, Tate and Logan, both far too lost in conversation to notice any of their friends waiting on the outside of the door. And with further inspection, Tate and Logan weren't the only distracted pair. Almost every student that came from inside the classroom was chattering and whispering to anybody that would listen.

"Remind me to investigate whatever new gossip has arisen," Clayton said to the group, all of whom had noticed the amount of prattle that could still be heard even as the sources skipped down the steps and out of view.

They all stared as the final students left, and their class began making their way inside.

"I think we're about to find out."

With Gia's statement floating about their curious heads, the six of them filed in one by one into the dusty classroom, just about managing to snag enough seats for them all to be sat together on the third row.

The high from being able to sit together, however, fizzled down rather quickly when they all took note of the two people standing at the front of the class, peering down at the students with all of their self-superiority ─ Rita Skeeter and Professor Umbridge.

"Hello, students and welcome to your first Life Skills lesson of the year." Rita Skeeter didn't exactly have the respect of the students at Hogwarts but she sure did shut them all up rather instantly.

"I will be your Professor for these once-a-fortnight lessons and I'm here, alongside Professor Umbridge today to provide an introduction to the subject and tell you about this year's project."