Chapter XXVII

rambles; y'all know the drill leave me some comments along the way as you read! the episode the next couple chapters are based off is one of my favourites in all of the show.

song - Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds

Chapter XXVII

Maeve noticed her body began to awaken as she felt something push against her nose, sending a small twinge through her nose ring. Feeling it once again her eyes fluttered open and she came face to face with a cheeky smile, poking her tongue out in Elsie's direction.

With a slight chuckle Maeve pushed away her sisters finger as it reached out to poke her nose again, scooting back a little without pressing too much into Imogen who lay still sleeping on her other side.

"Come on then." Maeve smiled, lifting back the blanket and patting the now empty spot infront of her as Elsie clambered on over. With a small laugh Maeve wrapped her arms around the smaller girl, tickling her gently as her small giggles filled the empty room around them.

A small sigh was heard from behind her as Imogen began to stir, turning onto her side and burying her face into Maeve's shoulder. "Please tell me last night was just a dream?" Imogen mumbled tiredly, though she knew that was too good to be true.

"More like a nightmare." Maeve chuckled dryly, Imogens eyes slowly opening as she retracted and stretched.

"Hi trouble." Imogen smiled tiredly seeing Elsie's head pop over Maeve's shoulder, grinning down at her. "My head's proper thumpin, I need water." Imogen groaned, pulling herself into a sitting position before half standing and nimbly jumping over the back of the couch.

"All things considered, for you that was quite graceful." Maeve commented as she scooted her own body up the couch, right arm still tucked around Elsie as Imogen padded her way into the kitchen.

Filling them both up a glass of water she made her way back, sculling her own and placing the empty cup onto the coffee table, handing the other to Maeve and pressing a quick kiss to the older girls lips. Taking a seat at the opposite end of the couch Imogen leant back and swung her legs over Maeve's, pulling the blanket to cover her bottom half.

Snagging her jacket off of the top of the couch she pulled her phone out of its pocket, sighing in relief seeing it still had 36% of its charge. Unlocking the device she saw she had messages from a multitude of people including Eric, Aimee, Steve, her aunt and even Rahim.

But what really caught her eye was the two missed calls from her mum, both having rung through whilst she was at the party last night.

iMessage from; Mum at 8:45pm
Give me a call back when you can please.

iMessage from Cap'n Aims 🧚🏻‍♂️🌻at 11:04pm
Hey babes not feeling good so I left with Steve, love uuu 💖💖

iMessage from Bad Gal 👠at 11:23pm
Im? I can't find you?? Call me!!

iMessages from Bad Gal 👠at 11:27pm
Okay I assume u left.
Don't blame u. He was so drunk but so out of line.
Glad ur with Maeve though. Call me tomorrow? I love u. #TeamImmy  ❤️

iMessage from +44 675 948 676 at 11:31pm
Hi got ur number off Eric. Hope u r okay, Otis is a massive dick. - Rahim

iMessage from Bad Gal  👠at 7:45am
omg u punched Jack Oliver in the mouth!? I DONT CARE IF UR ASLEEP CALL ME BACK RIGHT NOW WOMAN