Chapter XXXII

rambles; this chap is just wholesome cute girlfriend time at the start and I hate writing smut so ur all welcome for this. okay happy reading love u  

song - ♀ I Love You So - The Walters ♀

chapter XXXII

Imogen blinked her eyes sleepily as she awoke, nose scrunching at the smell of smoke floating around her. Rubbing her eyes the girl tilted her head back slightly, seeing Maeve already sat up in bed beside her reading, a cigarette clasped firmly between her tattooed fingers.

"You're smoking inside now?" Imogen asked groggily, rolling onto her back as Maeve shrugged. "Just me living here again so there's no one to tell me not to." The girl answered honestly, balancing her book on her knees as she offered the half smoked cigarette toward Imogen who accepted, taking a small inhale at first before a deeper one, exhaling a large mouthful of smoke into the air as she handed it back to her girlfriend.

"You alright?" Imogen asked sincerely, rolling over and placing a hand tenderly on Maeve's knee. "I'm fine. Erin being a bloody disappointment is nothing new." The girl grumbled not looking up from her page which Imogen took as her cue not to ask again for awhile.

"Just start this then?" Imogen nodded to the book perched precariously on her girlfriends knee. "'A Room of Ones Own'." Maeve stated with a nod, lifting it up slightly so Imogen could see the front cover. "Ah by our dear friend Miss Woolf, the Beyonce of her time so I heard." Imogen smiled fondly, propping her head up on her arm.

"Wow and who told you that?"
"Dunno some book obsessed dickhead."

Smiling lazily Maeve shoved her girlfriends head at the comment. "Read to me." Imogen yawned before shimmying down the bed slightly and moving to rest her head on Maeve's stomach.

"Are you going to fall asleep like when we watch a movie?" The older girl accused but shuffled to lay down a little more, sliding her arm underneath Imogens neck and holding the book up with both hands. "Yes." Imogen answered honestly, eyes already closed as she felt Maeve's body vibrate quietly with laughter beneath her own.

None the less the older girl began to read aloud, feeling Imogens body relax and her breathing even out as she did so. But even when she was sure the girl had fallen back to sleep she kept reading to her, though a little quieter this time.

A few hours passed just like that with both girls wrapped up together in bed, bare legs intertwined as the warm sun of a promisingly lovely day shone through Maeve's window, bathing them in its gentle glow.

The morning coming and going by quickly the sun grew higher in the sky as its rays eventually moved to strike Imogens face, the girl awakening, face flushed red with warmth.

Feeling Maeve's chest move steadily up and down underneath her she slowly sat up careful not to wake up the now soundly asleep girl beside her.

The book Maeve had been reading was still clasped loosely in her right hand, open and laying page down on her bare thigh. Gently praying it from her grip Imogen marked the page and placed it atop her bedside table before rubbing her eyes tiredly with her hands.

A quick check of her phone told it was almost one in the afternoon and it dawned on her that despite wanting nothing more than to stay laid up in bed with Maeve there were some phone calls she really needed to make.

Pressing her lips softly to the older girls temple Imogen carefully moved over her and off the bed, landing nimbly on her feet before treading quietly out of the bedroom.