Chapter XXXI

rambles; all you little horny fuckers wanted was smut so here's some lowkey angst instead in the meantime 😌 this song makes me want to lay in the rain and cry, highly suggest a listen

song - ☹ Lights Are On - Tom Rosenthal ☹

Chapter XXXI

"Maeve we have to go downstairs eventually." Imogen sighed, turning her body on her side to look down at her girlfriend who was sitting cross legged on the floor, rifling through her clothes. "I know that." Maeve grumbled with a roll of her eyes, though Imogen knew she was stalling wether the girl wanted to admit it or not.

"Then choose something! I've been dressed for like twenty minutes and if you don't hurry we'll miss the bus." Imogen shook her head in amusement, grabbing a pillow and lobbing it toward the girls head, successfully making impact.

"Oi!" Maeve turned around with a scowl to which Imogen simply smiled back innocently.

Grabbing a black denim skirt and a faded grey 'The Who' band top Imogen was fairly sure once belonged to her dad, Maeve stood to her feet and began to change. "You're such a pest." She thumped the pillow into Imogens face as she passed by, taking a seat at her desk and pulling on her boots. "You do realise it's like...fourteen degrees today right?" Imogen glanced at the weather app on her phone and back to Maeve.

"I've got a jacket, and fourteen isn't even that cold. Plus I have to wear those ugly khaki's later for the quiz anyway." Maeve shrugged, slipping her arms into her jacket, the black leather one which Imogen had seen the girl wear almost as much as she wore her own favourite pair of ripped blue jeans, everyone had their comfort clothes.

"Olivia said she's leaving soon so is Viv, Ola and Lily got there early. How long of a walk is it again?" Maeve questioned, glancing up from her phone as Imogen grabbed her backpack. "About fifteen minutes give or take." The younger girl shrugged, Maeve nodding and sending a text before sliding her phone into her back pocket.

"So it was Otis who texted you saying to come over right?" Imogen asked quietly as the two of them exited her room and made their way downstairs, Maeve nodding. "Why?" The girl questioned, eyebrows furrowing as Imogen simply shrugged, her head cloudy with thoughts. "Nothing."

"Morning girls." Her aunt greeted them with a smile, seated at the table with the newspaper and her signature yellow Kimono. "Morning, thank you for letting me stay over." Maeve smiled awkwardly, Imogen making her way to the coffee machine as Jean waved Maeve off, saying she was welcome anytime.

"There's cereal in the cupboard or I can make some toast, would you like anything Maeve?" Her aunt offered, looking toward her with raised eyebrows. "I'm right thank you, not really a breakfast person." Maeve replied, standing beside Imogen as she brewed the coffee. "Funny, neither is Imogen." Jean smiled fondly, returning her gaze to her newspaper.

"Why are you being so awkward? Go sit down." Imogen chuckled quietly, gently pushing Maeve in the direction of the table who looked back to her with a glare but sat down none the less. "Coffee?" Imogen offered, Maeve and Jean both responding with a yes. "Now there is just one thing I'd like to say." Jean started, Imogen glancing toward her aunt curiously.

"Though there is significantly less risks when females have sex with one another, and double the chance of equal oral pleasure, you should both still-"