Chapter XVI

song ~ ❃ Heartburn - Wafia ❃

Chapter XVI

"-and then he said in that sexy accent 'i like your shirt.'" Eric gushed, fanning himself as Imogen smiled with a small shake of her head. Considering she was still not on fantastic terms with Otis, and really needed to talk about what just happened with Maeve, she'd gone over to Eric's house after school.

"Okay but how hot is this man Eric? No offence but you're rubbish at descriptions." Imogen chuckled as Eric waved her off, grabbing his laptop as the only sounds occupying the room were the clicking of his fingers on the keyboard.

"Found him!"

With that he dove on the bed next to Imogen, almost sending her flying off the edge of it in the process, shoving the screen in her face. "Oh wow." Imogen agreed as she scanned the facebook profile Eric had managed to stalk his way to find. "Yeah see? Hottest. Man. Ever." Eric sighed, laying down on the bed and covering his face with his hands.

"Hotter than Adam?" Imogen closed the laptop and asked with a small look of knowing as Eric sat up suddenly. "Imogen Grace Milburn. You promised you would not tell a soul or mention that detention ever again man!" Eric smacked her on the arm as the girl held her hands up in defence, Eric having come clean about his little kiss with Adam to her during the term break, unable to keep it bottled up any longer.

"Okay okay! No need for the full name and the sass, I'm merely asking a question. For purposes purely of curiosity."

"Yeah well keep that curiosity to yourself! I told you it was a heat of the moment thing, it didn't mean nothing."

"Good. Because the homophobic bully is secretly gay and has a crush on his victim is such an overrated trope. Plus you can do so much better than Adam Gr-"

The two were interrupted by the obnoxious blare of Imogens ring tone cut them off. "Aimee Gibbs? Put it on speaker!" Eric gushed, reaching for the phone as Imogen attempted to push him away as she answered. "Hiya!" Aimee's warm tone floated through the phone as Imogen wrestled to keep Eric away. "Hi Aimes, whats up?" Imogen grunted as Eric snatched the phone and clicked speaker, he now the one to push Imogen away as she reached for her phone back.

"Well there's been a bit of an emergency. What are you doing right now?" The girl asked, in a voice much more serious as Imogen stretched for her phone, Eric's much longer arms easily holding it out of her grasp. "Nothing! What's happened are you alright?" Imogen responded, Eric gasping loudly.

"Nothing! Am I nothing to you?" He whispered as Imogen stretched over him desperate to grab her phone back, shushing him in the process. "Who was that?" Aimee asked confused. "Er no-one, the TV." Imogen lied, pushing Eric with a glare who rolled his eyes. "Right...well yeah uh my mums broken her leg and Steve's taken her to hospital cause he can drive and I'm staying here to look after the cat and I'm just I'm really upset. Can you come over?" The girl asked hopefully as Imogen after much struggle finally managed to snatch her phone back off Eric, scrambling to her feet so he couldn't take it back.

"Shit Aimes I'm so sorry, how did she break it??" Imogen asked concerned, eyebrows furrowed. "Ummm she fell down the stairs! So can you come over? I need some ahh...emotional support." The girl asked again as Imogen glanced to Eric who rolled his eyes again but made a shooing motion with his hands.

"Yeah yeah I'll be there in like fifteen. Do you want me to-"

"Perfect! See you soon, bye." And before Imogen could even finish her sentence Aimee had hung up and she was speaking to a dial tone.