Chapter XXXVI

rambles; 🚨SPOILER ALERT 🚨this chapter does contain some minimal spoilers to the first ten or so minutes of episode one of season three, be warned! But welcome to all my new readers and please drop me a vote and spam me with some comments as you all read, they make my day!

song; ☾ Land Of A Thousand Dances - Wilson Picket ☾
Chapter XXXVI

"So you have everything then?"
"Yes."
"You have your train ticket?"
"Yes."
"Bus ticket?"
"Yes."
"You have your phone?"
"Yes."
"You've got both your bags?"
"Yes."
"You know what time the connecting bus is?"
"Yes."
"Are you just saying yes to everything I'm saying and hoping I'll shut up?"
"Yes."

"Oi!" Delilah gasped dramatically, shoving Imogen who simply grinned as the two of them stood on the station platform together.

"I told you already. I made it here safely, I can get home safely." Imogen assured the older girl, adjusting her duffle bag on her shoulder, it definitely seemed heavier now than it did when she first came here.

"Yeah I know I know. Do you have your-"
"Delilah!"
"I'm joking!"

"This was actually really nice, thank you for convincing me to come." Imogen smiled sincerely, giving up on her duffle bag and dropping it to her feet, rolling around her stiff shoulder. 

"Of course. Your dad really enjoyed it too, so did my mum. I'm sorry they couldn't come see you off, you know old people and their 9-5 work days." The blonde gestured her arms around making Imogen laugh.

"Next time though I'm coming to you, and you're showing me around Moordale and finding me a boyfriend." Delilah warned, Imogen nodding her solemn agreement. "Plus your girlfriend can't avoid me forever." The blonde teased making Imogen roll her eyes, opening her mouth to protest.

"Relax Imogen I know, she wasn't ready yet. We had some good chats on the phone anyway, I can see why you're so head over heels for one another." Delilah smiled, having spoken to Maeve over the phone at least a few times whilst Imogen was staying with her.

"That's my train." Imogen nodded to the large train coming in fast toward the platform, a high pitched squeal ringing around the station as it slowly came to a grinding halt.

Not wanting her sister to miss her train Delilah was quick to pull Imogen into a hug, the younger girls arms wrapping around her, both now much more comfortable around one another after a few weeks spent getting to know one another better.

"And you will text me when you get off the train, and when you get on your bus and when you get safely back to Moordale. Correct?" Delilah checked sternly as Imogen pulled a face but agreed none the less, pulling away from the hug.

"Yes Lilah. God you sound like such a mum!" Imogen groaned, the older girl making a face of offence and shoving Imogens head as she picked up her bag off the ground. "I'll even text you if I get bored on the train." Imogen gasped, Delilah matching her sarcasm with a clap and a cheer.

"Make good choices." Delilah called out to Imogen as she stepped onto the train, quickly making her way to her seat, tossing her bag down and cracking open the window. "So don't do anything you'd do, got it." Imogen called back and flashed a thumbs up as Delilah held up her middle finger and the train roared back to life.

With one more frantic wave shared between the two the train pulled away from the platform, gaining speed it whizzed out of the station, the city all becoming a muddled grey blur as Imogen closed the window again.

Shrugging off her backpack Imogen placed it down on the empty seat beside her before shoving her duffle bag in the compartment above her seat, with much huffing and puffing.