Chapter XXXVIII

rambles; drop me a vote and spam me with some comments as you read besties! happy sunday

song; ★ Trouble - Shampoo ★

Chapter XXXVIII

"What's everyone crowding around again for?" Imogen frowned seeing a sea of their peers all flocking toward the courtyard stairs. "News crew are back maybe?" Steve guessed with a shrug as the four of them made their way toward the commotion. Their eyes widened as they heard a loud crash and hurried to the scene.

Pushing through Maeve ignored the grunts of annoyance from her peers, both Aimee and Imogen appearing either side of her as they arrived at the front finally with a good view. Their mouths gaped open a little at what was happening in front of them, as the sound of heavy machinery grew louder in the air.

"Shit." Imogen sighed bluntly, watching on as the bulldozer wrecked its way through the asbestos ridden toilet block, huge clouds of dust exploding up into the air as the rubble hit the ground.

"I need to tell you both something!" Otis suddenly appeared beside Imogen and Maeve, looking around nervously as Imogen frowned up at him. Both girls following where his eyes were trained they spotted Hope watching on gleefully at the destruction, catching Otis's eye she gave him a wave of thanks.

"Thanks for the tip Otis!" The older woman called out with a small salute, winking at the two girls beside him before looking back toward the bulldozer, the final wall of the bathroom dropping to the ground with a deafening thud, dust billowing into the air.

"Did you tell her to do this?" Maeve glared up at the boy who looked around guiltily, avoiding their eyes. "What the hell Otis!" Imogen shoved him as his gaze flickered to them before back to the bulldozer. "Kyles advice was becoming dangerous. It needed to end." The boy murmured, shifting on the balls of his feet.

"So it's really done then." Maeves glare softened as her eyes met with Imogens who looked back sympathetically.
"Yeah, it really is." Otis agreed solemnly, and if the clinic was over before now it may as well be dead.

"I don't think Hope is all she's supposed to be." Imogen mumbled worriedly to Maeve who nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I think we might have a problem on our hands."

***

"Are you busy after school?" Maeve questioned, licking a dollop of jam her thumb as she placed down a piece of toast onto her girlfriends plate, keeping the other for herself as she took a large bite.

"Eric was supposed to come over and watch drag race but he forgot and made plans with Adam, so no." Imogen rolled her eyes with a shrug, biting into the toast with a loud crunch.

"I'm going to see Elsie, will you come?" Maeve asked hopefully, sitting down across from Imogen, mug of tea clutched in her free hand as she finished off her toast.

"Yeah of course." Imogen agreed instantly after she'd swallowed her mouthful of food. "You called her foster family?" Imogen questioned taking another bite of toast, leaning in to wipe off a small drop of jam which lingered on the corner of Maeve's mouth with her thumb.

"Yeah it's just one lady, her names Anna. She wasn't happy that I skipped out on the other family visits but she said I can come this afternoon." Maeve explained before skulling the last of her now lukewarm tea, still not overly thrilled that she needed to literally make an appointment to see her own sister.