Chapter XXXIII

rambles; so maeve with bangs in the season 3 teasers, how are feeling about it? any s3 plot guesses? leave me some comments as y'all reaaad

song; Let Go - Ark Patrol ☼ (this is the song I imagine would play in the show over a  compilation of scenes in which Maeve and Imogen slowly fall in love w one another 🤍)

Chapter XXXIII

"It's so nice here. I've been here for months why didn't I know this existed?" Imogen shook her head as she gazed awestruck around the grassy reserve area they were currently occupying.

The small river which cut through it was a murky brown but the top was covered with bright green lilypads and two large willow trees framed the bank.

"Because you spend the majority of your time with Otis and Eric and if their camping trip was anything to go off they do not thrive in the great outdoors." Maeve chuckled, bringing up her hand to shade her face with as she lay down on the bright orange blanket Aimee had supplied them with once they arrived.

"You're hardly a nature girl yourself. Better watch out in that sun I wouldn't want your lovely vampire pale skin to burn." Imogen teased with a smirk, Maeve simply holding up her middle finger in response as Aimee joined them again, collapsing between the two girls on the blanket.

"Steve's getting hot chips." The girl stated with a stretch, having just sent him on a mission back to town to full-fill their sudden craving. "These are actually really good Aimes." Imogen complimented in surprise, picking at a blueberry muffin which Aimee had bought with her.

Both herself and Maeve were hesitant to try the baked treats, both remembering the infamous smushed birthday bunny cake disaster, but couldn't find it in their hearts to say no to Aimee and her newfound 'thing'.

"You know they were so easy. Turns out you have to just follow a recipe! It tells you how much to put in of everything like flour and sugar and eggs and-" Aimee recounted her ingredients, Imogen and Maeve sharing a smile as the girl rambled on about how she'd stumbled across the recipe as an ad when she was browsing online for some new jeans.

"Is there a toilet near here somewhere?" Maeve questioned with a small grunt as she pulled herself into a sitting position, Aimee pointing her in the direction of a small seemingly clean looking building a couple hundred metres away.

Maeve excusing herself Aimee took her spot on the rug, stretching out a little more and staring up somewhat knowingly toward Imogen. "What?" The girl questioned as she caught her friends eye, still picking daintily at the muffin in her hands. "You look...happier today." Aimee started, Imogen giving her an odd look as she swallowed her mouthful.

"Why wouldn't I be? Look where we are and it's finally warm for once." Imogen chuckled, finishing off the muffin and brushing the crumbs off her lap before sliding Maeve's sunglasses down onto her nose. "No like, you're glowing." Aimee hinted with a smile, Imogen simply frowning, unable to catch onto whatever she was getting at.

"You and Maeve banged didn't you?" The girl gave up on subtlety, asking bluntly as Imogen choked on air from the suddenness of the question.

"Imomaeve get in!" Aimee yelled, humping the air enthusiastically. "What!? Aimee!" Imogen coughed trying to steady her breathing, smacking the blonde on her shoulder.