Chapter 8. Why?

Edited (twice)
Word count- 1200 words( with A/N)
Chapter edit date- 22/01/2017.

Old readers- Hey I would really appreciate it if you guys read the book again. A lot of things are changing and you might get confused more on ahead. I don't want that to happen. So please please read it again. Also this chapter is actually 2 years old. I had published this chapter on 13/01/2015. So that officially makes this book about to be 3 years old. I started it in Feb,2014 I think xD so weird.

New as well as old readers- If you read this A/N tell me your least favourite movie.

Layla's POV

I could practically feel Jason's glare from behind me. It was obvious that he despised doing this, anger and disgust seeping from his body in waves.

I sighed. Already, the pretty yellow sundress I was wearing was ruined.

What did the dress ever do to this brute?

I felt Jason hesitate; he hadn't hit me in a while. And Mister was not happy. He had his eyebrows furrowed, chin held up high and lips pursed in a thin line.

He was more than determined to teach me a lesson. What about? I wasn't so sure anymore.

If Mister was stubborn, then challenge accepted. I was confident that I was far more stubborn than him, stubborn-er even.

I kept my gaze fixed on him, fixing him the sharpest glare I could muster.

Then, I felt the stinging pain, the sound echoing once more against the cobblestone walls. I lurched forward, my wrists pulling against the shackles. My mouth stretched open in a silent scream.

It was as if someone had stuck at thousand needles into me, before ripping them out again at lightning speed, leaving me to rot on the concrete floor.

Who even invented this thing? That stronzo.

"Two," I said, my voice cracking slightly. I almost had forgotten to count, distracted by the unwavering pain.

My body sagged slightly. I was sure that my knees were about to buckle under my weight.

Jason gave me a few seconds before he struck again. Mister explicitly told Jason not to stop unless and until he said so, so he had no choice but to follow.

"Three," I said, holding back a sob.

It was a thousand times worse than I could have ever imagined.

I took a glance at Mister. His face was void of any emotion, even though he had just lost.

I couldn't stop a treacherous tear escape from my eyes. I gritted my teeth loudly. I wasn't going to give up though, as that meant I had to beg, and I was never going to do that.

Tears spilled from eyes uncontrollably when I heard Jason raise the whip again. Hadn't he had enough?

But I didn't stray my eyes from his. His nose flared in anger at my defiance, his right eye twitching uncontrollably.

At the last minute, I closed my eyes at the pain, waiting for the next one to come.

How long would I be able to last?

"Dostatochno!" Mister shouted.
(A/N: Enough!)

As soon as that word left his mouth, my body went limp and my legs gave out. My wrists jerked upwards, supported only by the chains holding them in place.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked with a pained voice when he saw my head hung low. I couldn't stop the tears or the sobs now.

"Jason, vne," Mister ordered as soon as Jason stepped closer to me. He was such a monster. He wanted everything and everyone in his control.
(A/N: Jason, out)

"Sei un codardo," I said, directing my gaze straight at him. I'm sure I looked like hell, and I know that nobody would ever dare to speak to him like this.
(A/N: You're such a coward)

But I take my pride very seriously.

His chest was heaving heavily, eyes ablaze, hinted with... pain? I silently shook my head. Impossible.

Then, Jason whispered in my ear. "I'm sorry, Layla, but I can't stay. I can't defy him."

"It-It's okay," I said shakily, trying to reassure him.

I felt my eyes were drooping, my vision starting to blur.

That's when I felt Jason untying my hands from the hinges.

I had been standing upright throughout this process, but as soon as I was released, I collapsed, Jason quickly catching me.

"Step away from her, Jason," Mister said, anger evident in his voice.

I was too tired to fight now. I couldn't stand, or open my eyes for that matter. I could feel blood dripping from my back, the wetness of the dress sticking to the my back. I didn't care anymore. I had proved my point so it didn't matter who took me back.

After a few moments of shuffling, and sound of metal gate clashing to the wall, he was finally inside in few quick seconds.

I felt a new pair of arms slip underneath my head and knees, lifting me up. Tingles erupted in my body, but I dismissed the thought it abruptly.

I winced when the movement caused my back to ache. A small whimper escaped my lips.

"Derr'mo," was the only word that escaped his lips on seeing me.

"This is what you wanted? This gives you pleasure? Seeing me hurt?" I said not caring if he responded or not. It was an achievement that I could even speak in such pain, frankly.

"Why are you doing this? I haven't done anything to you," I said, curiosity lacing my voice.

I could tell that he was walking away from the cell, because I could see the ceiling of the dungeon change to sky... and then back to a wonderful chandeliered ceiling.

We soon entered a room, and I was lowered down onto a soft surface. My back had ached to numbness, until I couldn't feel anything.

I turned to sleep on my stomach. The pretty sundress was probably ruined with cuts and blood.

Cold air rushed against my back, and I let out several whimpers.

I could still feel him in the room; lingering quietly, almost in an apologetic manner.

But I knew he was way too high up on his horse to know what he did was wrong. The question was: why?

Why me?

Why this?

Why was I the one kidnapped?

What did I do to deserve this?

I wiped my tears against the blanket, and willed myself to sleep. My eyes voluntarily shut, and for a few moments I forgot about my wounds.

And with that, I slipped into a deep slumber.

----------------------------------------------

A/N

I'm sorry to those who didn't like it.
Just hold on tight.
All will be clear in time.

Till then bye bye wolfies.
And also tell me if you guys can see the image attached or not.