Chapter 9. What did I do now?

Edited (twice)
Word count-  1200 words( with A/N)
Chapter edit date- 31/01/2017.

Old readers- Okay, so maybe I couldn't get the entire book done in a month, but I got 1/4 done. And believe it or not I'm okay with it. I learnt that I'm a perfectionist, and I hate doing things half way which turned out to be toxic for me. So I guess it's me telling myself that

"So what if I couldn't get it done completely, doesn't mean I should've given up with the fear of failing. I got something done, and something is better than nothing. Progress not perfection."

So thankyou so much for being there with me this month, and I'll ask you to be there a few more. I am dead set to enter this book for wattys this year as a completed entry and I will do it. So hold on tight.

This chapter has new dialogues and scenes. And much more. So I hope you continue to read edited chapters because the new chapter will only be done after I'm done with the edit due to slight change in plot line.

New as well as old readers- If you read this A/N, tell me the grossest thing you've ever done.

Also Dedicated to Saia_Myes for my very 1st cover in 2015, but this beauty right here is by ScarlettGold . She is amazing and made this cover in 1/2 hours time. I lovee it. I hope you do too.

 I hope you do too

Layla's POV

You ever get that feeling you've been sleeping for an eternity? That feeling when your body is sore and spent, but desperate for activity. That feeling when your mind contradicts you, begging for a few more minutes of peace.

Yes, well, that's me right now.

But my body wasn't aching from oversleeping.

I was sleeping on my stomach; my back burning from the sunlight. My entire body had gone stiff from inactivity - I must have been out for at least two days.

I slowly peeled my eyes open, still a little groggy from my deep slumber. I was met with the sight of the same room I had been for the past several days (or maybe even weeks). The same white geometric lampshade, the same poster walls, the same everything.

And suddenly all the memories from the previous few nights came back. It's fascinating how your brain forgets everything for a few moments, and suddenly, whoosh, they're back.

I remembered the cell, the whips, the blood, Jason, Mister. And I still hadn't received an answer...why me?

I had several flaws, but holding grudges was probably the worst out of them. Granting forgiveness, however, seemed to come easy to me.

But I was certain that I wouldn't forgive Mister. He was cruel and merciless. The last incident was proof of that. How could someone ever justify hitting someone with whips?

I just couldn't understand this guy.

I decided not to ponder on the thought more and try to get up and take a shower to release the tension in my muscles.

Try being the keyword.

The strength required to bend a wooden log was probably equal (if not more so) to how much it took me to be able to move, let alone actually get up and go shower.

The muscles in my hand strained to their maximum limit, considering my still-healing wrist and the several bruises on the arm. But, with much much difficulty, I finally managed to sit up on the bed.

That's when I noticed I was dressed in pyjamas. How reassuring. (Not.)

I carefully slid off the bed and discarded my top, wincing in pain and my muscles aching.

When I twisted my head around to inspect my injuries, I saw that they were already treated.

There were bandages all over my back and around my torso, covering the obvious scars and bruises.

I didn't know whether I could get these bandages wet or not, so I decided to wait for someone to come. Hopefully Jason.

I knew that my body would be in a lot more agony if it wasn't for these bandages, so there was no way I was taking them off.

I put my top on again, not wanting anyone to see me indecently.

And guess what?

Not even two minutes later, Jason entered the room with a tray in his hand.

There was a glass full of orange juice and a plate of toast and eggs with a few pills on it, which he placed on the bedside table next to me.

A grimace formed on my face after seeing the food. I was still a little squeam-ish.

"Hey," I said, coughing at the dryness of my throat. "Did you nurse my back and arm?"

"Yes, I did. I hope you don't mind," he said, sitting opposite me on the bed and rubbing his neck. His eyes avoided my gaze, looking at everything in the room with fake fascination.

"I..." he began again. "I felt really guilty about it. I wanted to kind of repay you?" He looked down. "It must've hurt a lot."

"It's your fault," I said, trying to ease his guilt a little. "Who can blame you if your boss is so spietato."

"What?" he asked, letting out a nervous chuckle.

"Oh," I said, widening my eyes a little. He doesn't understand Italian.

"Um, it means ruthless."

He nodded his head in understanding.

"I guess you're right," he replied with a grin that didn't meet his eyes. "Anyways, I have an order to have you fed so..." he trailed off.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I'll eat. I'm starving, and I also wouldn't like getting you in trouble." He shot me his boyish grin.

I smiled widely in response. I was beginning to take a liking to him, platonically, that is. He seemed to be the only one I could trust in this place.

I only ate a few bites of the meal. Jason insisted I eat more, although when I reminded him of the doctor's orders, he fell silent. Grunting a little, he grudgingly left my room with a sad look on his face, avoiding my questioning look.

Shrugging it off, I took a few steps towards the direction of the balcony. I sighed. There was no way I could escape through this way now. Mister had a guy stationed here at all times.

After a couple of minutes, I heard the door slamming open, ricocheting against the wall. I quickly turned around, and met with Mister's gaze. After spotting me, he quickly pulled me into the room, a fiery look in his eyes.

Great. What did I do now?

----------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey there.
I know its short but its my college second year finals but i'll still try to post everyday.
Wish me luck.
Till then bye bye wolfies.

And please do recommend this book if you like it. Thanks.

Vote. Comment.Enjoy.