My Father's Sin (Prolougue)

"Mother!" I called out, hoping for an answer. The screams of my people filled my ears. I felt tears go down my face as I begged for her answer. "Calliope! Big sister!" I cried, racing to the temple where I last saw them. Sparta was falling, fires everywhere, crumbling builds and I was frightened as I frantically dodged the falling debris.

Suddenly, I heard the chains of my father's weapon rattle. "Father!" I screamed, racing to the entrance of the temple and my eyes widened as I saw the horrific sight: bodies of the monks I used to play around with were slain and I saw as the hand of my mother's fell onto the stone ground. My big sister's motionless leg was barely visible from the entrance. My eyes widened and watered as I realized what had happened.

I stared as the culprit mourning them and I glanced at my father's weapon, soaked in the blood of his victims. I was in shock, unable to speak, afraid that my father may kill me just like he did Mother and Calliope. I slowly backed away and threw down the necklace that father had crafted for me for that was no longer my father but a merciless murderer with a cold heart.

Immediately, I ran away from the temple, wishing this was all a dream- no, a nightmare but it was my reality. All I could do was run. I was too small, too weak to fight and I was only a child.

I raced to the small temple of Hestia, falling at her steps. I cried hard and prayed for her to take me away from this nightmare. But, another being answered my prayer: the goddess, Eleos, who's mercy was unlike any other. I only knew she responded to those in Athens but I was shocked to hear her in Sparta.

"Come with me, child, Hestia will be delighted to meet you in Olympus," she said softly. I stepped back in awe then quickly covered my eyes.

"B-But, I am not a god," I said in shock. "I cant even look upon you Lady Eleos. What about everyone else?"

"Oh, but you are the chosen. The titaness Phobe has a powerful prophe-" she paused, knowing this is all too great for a mere mortal child, "allow me to take you away from this place and to Olympus."

"May you give me your hand?" I asked quietly. "So I may go with you?"

I took her hand was warm like mothers and like big sisters. I opened my eyes and I heard a slight laugh. "I told you, you can look at me and not perish, child. You are a god," she cooed, placing her hand on my head.

"But, how am I a god? Theres no way. Mother and sister are mortal. And...I believe father is too," I told her as I felt her feet hit the ground.

"Well, that's not entirely true. Come on, want to see what I look like?" Eleos asked cheerfully. I finally looked up at her and my eyes widened as I saw her graceful figure:

Eleo's beautiful brown hair was toppled over slightly sad hazel eyes and a little grin. She was dressed in a beautiful blue silky dress and wore a jeweled headpiece on her hair. Her arms were covered by the sleeves of her dress and accompanied by a beautiful but simple bracelet and a matching ring. Her light skin reflected was topped with specs that looked like tears. Her features, her style, her words reminded me so much of...Mother.

My eyes watered as I turned away from her. I felt my body fall then curl up into a ball. "I know why you are crying, child," she started, rubbing my back. "Your father is heartless and cold and I wish there was something we couldve done-"

"With all due respect, Eleos, you are a goddess. I thought goddess were supposed to know better than us mortals...why didnt you save them," I asked, choking on my tears in between words.

A saddened look formed on her face as I asked. "Maybe because we dont even know everything. But, I do know this, you are safe now. Far away from your murderous father. Home," she told me, wiping the tears from my eyes.