Part I: To Appease The Gods

Part 1 of 2

Years Later**

Hestia smiled as I manipulated the fire, creating shapes and moving it around us. I was controlling it pretty well. "Ready to show your family how good you are at this?" Artemis said, quickly racing to mine and Hestia's side. I stopped walking and I hugged Artemis tightly. She was like a sister to me.

She was taller than I was, well most other gods and goddesses were

She was taller than I was, well most other gods and goddesses were. "I'm excited to show you all my skills, Arty," I said, smiling as we walked to a small arena where there were seats around the edge. "Dont disappoint but I'm excited as well," she replied. The middle circle was empty as I saw other gods and goddesses come to sit. Zeus wasnt here, thankfully, neither was Ares, Hera and even Heracules hadn't shown up.

I saw as Hecate, Hestia, Artemis, Apollo, Dionysis, Asteria, Demeter, Nemesis, Aphrodite, Selene and even Amphritie sit down. My eyes widened as Lyssa-

"What is the important occasion that includes all of us?" Selene asked, placing her moon staff in her lap, who I found out was very close to Artemis. Her best friend I believe. Close enough that mortals knew Artemis was associated with the moon and contained some of Selene's abilities over it.

"You'll see my friend," Artemis said, sitting beside her friend. "I'm proud of her."

"I'm excited to see this, though I wish my daughter, Persephone was here with me. You know how protective I am over that child," the goddess Demeter said, looking down at the flower she held in her hand, staring at it lovingly.

Demeter was the goddess of agriculture, fertility, the seasons and, harvest along with being the mother of Persephone, who is now queen of the Underworld. Though loving and motherly, she was extremely overprotective and loving along with overbearing. I see why Persephone ran away from her. At least, that's what I heard

I heard Apollo smirk as he spoke to the goddess, Asteria. "I hope she's better than my sister," he snickered, making her laugh a bit. I laughed as Artemis cringed at the sight of her brother laughing at the thought of someone being better than his twin sister.

After laughing, Asteria looked around as Hecate, her daughter sat beside her. She's the goddess of falling stars, dream magic and astrology. She looked at her daughter and smiled, filled with empathy and her harmonic gaze was everlasting. "Its nice to see you, Lady Asteria," I said, bowing to her. Out of nowhere, she rubbed my head.
"You know you dont have to be so formal with Aunty Asteria, right Starlight?" She laughed then her wings finally calmed down after their slight flapping as her cape once again covered them.

Her quiet daughter, Hecate glanced at me. "Hey," she said, quietly, being as introverted as possible. I forgot how much she despised most other people: gods and immortals alike. "Hey. Sorry your mother dragged you out here for me," I replied, rubbing the back of my head. Immediately, she used her magic and turned me around completely, making me walk over to Amphrite, the queen of the seas and Dionysus, the god of wine. I sighed and looked back at a smirking Hecate who waved goodbye for now.