Part V: Gods and The Underworld (Part I)

I flipped my blade as I glared at her, watching her fly down. "Your heads' too far up your ass, Nemesis," I said as she smirked a bit. "You're acting like an impatient child and a spoiled little kid! And your impulsive actions have gotten Melinoe hurt! This is completely unjustified!"

Nemesis burned with a rage that reminded me heavily of Lyssa. "How dare-". Before she could even get the words out, I rushed up to her and tightly gripped her jaw.

"You messed up, the moment you hurt Melinoe, Nemesis," I said in her ear. "Raise your blade at me and I'll rip your jaw clean. I'm still the daughter of the God-Killer and I can easily wreck the same havoc, if not worse, starting with you. Silence your tongue and watch your tone when you talk to me."

Her eyes widened as her wings disappeared and she dropped her sword. I felt her heartbeat increase heavily as I continued to grip. Letting her go, she stumbled back as I knew she felt his presence igniting from me. Her body was shaking and she stood there frozen as I walked past her. She flinched with each step as I went up to Lyssa and Eris. "Are you two finally finished with your conversation?"

Eris turned towards me and smiled softly. "Yeah," she replied and I began glancing back at Nemesis to make sure she didn't try anything else behind my back. The goddess smiled softly. "How I love chaos and the mess it brings, I'll leave you to talk to your master- teacher."

As she began to leave, she placed her hand on my shoulder and pulls me a bit closer to her. "Your chaos is mouthwatering, Kratos spawn," she mumbled in my ear and my eyes widen. I shrugged her off and smirked.

"Lyssa we got training to do," I said once Eris got to a safe distance. It seemed that the atmosphere changed whenever I was around her. I never knew if it was a good thing or not. But that picture I saw in the mirror shards still were fresh in my mind. I wasn't really told much of what happened with why Kratos went on a god killing spree. Just that he did because he was a vengeful man who hated the gods. Despite being kin to them. But it seems that Ares knew him.

Anyone that really knew anything closely related to Kratos was dead. Athena, Ares, Posideon, Zeus, Hera, Hades, Thanatos, Persephone, Helios, Hercules, Hephaestus, Hermes, Kronos, Atlas, Ceryx, Morpheus, Perses, Prometheus, and Gaia are all in the Fallen in the temple on Olympus. But Typhon, who had a brief interaction with Kratos was nowhere to be found. Hopefully he'll have some information on him. Maybe Aphrodite does as well, since herself and Hestia were really here on Olympus when he was. But Hestia doesn't know much...maybe she does but I'm truly hoping I don't follow in his footsteps.

I twisted my blade and Lyssa grinned hard. "Finally, let's see how much you've learned," she said summoning a blade and her rabid wolves to her side. "It's been so, so long since we've done this, Sozime."

I placed my shield on my arm and glared at her. That little fiasco with Nemesis kind of helped me a bit. I glanced back at Melinoe who had a fear-striken gaze as she held her arm. She probably or heard what I said to Nemesis.

Lyssa extended her arms and her wolves raced towards me, foaming at the mouth. I knocked one away with my shield and kicked another away. Another jumped in the air above me and I grabbed it's face and tossed it away mercilessly. Suddenly, Lyssa raced up from the side and I blocked her sword with my blade, ready for her this time. "That same trick won't work on you?" She asked slyly. Then with her fist, she backhanded me, the punch sent me flying a bit but I used my shield to stop myself. I got back on my feet and quickly glanced around for her as the wolves got back up.

I looked around then ahead to see Lyssa flying towards me. I blocked her blade again and her face was pressed closely to mine. "You'll never kill Kratos if you don't fight back, Sozime," she said slowly, backing off a bit. I sighed, knowing she was right. But something told me that this blade wasn't really cutting it for the way I wanted to attack.

"May I stop by Hephaestus' Keep first and then we can come back and continue this?"

Lyssa glared at me and sighed. "Yes child, go on. But I doubt I'll be here so hurry," she said, waving me off. As soon as I placed my sword on my side and my shield on my back, Melinoe was waiting for me.

"May I escort you then, please?"

I smiled at her a bit and put her on my back as we walked away from the little arena. Eris was summoned back there and the conversation between Lyssa and her continued.

"I wish I said something sooner," Melinoe mumbled slowly. "My guards found Calliope in Elysium."

I stopped walking abruptly. "You what?"

"Her soul was pure, I had no idea that my mother and father put her in Elysium," she replied.

"Is she still there...is she okay?"

"Elysium is where the souls of the good and pure go. Of course your sister is fine," Melinoe said, holding onto me. I looked down and then slowly continued walking. "You are welcome to come to the Underworld and see her. I just thought I'd let you know, Adoni."

I nodded and kept quiet. I didn't know if Calliope would recognize me. I grew to be a warrior, an adult and after all this time, she was ageless. She was my older sister after all. But, I'm older than her now. Did that make her my younger? Melinoe smirked a bit.

"You're going to walk into a wall if you keep daydreaming like this," she snickered as we arrived at her portal from Olympus to the UnderWorld. She whistled and a chariot of four sable-black horses arrived on command. Melinoe got off of my back and raced to touch the one named Alastor who was branded with the mark of Dis (meaning apart)

I climbed in the chariot and we rode into the Underworld. The Underworld terrified mortals but Melinoe absolutely adored her home. I agreed with both, it was terrifying but in a slightly beautiful way. Persephone made sure of that.