XXI: Bonded By Blood; Connected Kin

"Right Brother?"- Deimos to Kratos

Damon and I crept quietly, trying not to wake Kratos or Atreus. I grabbed Mimir and attached him to my front. "Good morning Mimir," I said softly, smiling down at him.

"Morning lassie? I'm assuming your conversation with your Father went well. You looked as cozy as a blade in Freya's hand!"

I giggle and smile a bit. "It went well actually. You're going to go hunt with me. I had an idea on making something to eat for the men. You mind helping me?"

Mimir gave a soft smile. "Sure. So when do you all plan to tell the lad?"

I look down. "If I tell Atreus I am his sister before it's time, that will make things worse for Kratos. I met Atreus in the woods the day I went to kill Kratos...That's another long story in its own right. But I was speaking horribly about my father, spilling deeds that he committed that Atreus had no knowledge of. When Kratos decides to say anything about it then maybe I will," I said quietly.

Mimir sighed. "That is a troublesome thing... But necessary, I guess."

We walk into the woods, skipping onto streams and I laugh, conversing with Damon and Mimir.

"You did what?!" I laugh hard as we go through the forest.

"I almost asked them to put the bifrost on my teets!"

We laughed wildly as I get myself tearing up. Mimir and I got quiet as I came across a boar. I turned my bow into a spear and aimed as it sipped the water slowly. I breathed in deeply as I aimed at it. I speared it through, throwing it like a javelin, causing it to fall to the ground. I smiled as Damon wagged happily. "I say we should grab another beast. You and Atreus could eat that big old boar yourselves!"

I turned to Mimir. "Do you actually need to eat?"

"I don't know where the food would go lassie." We both immediately errupted with laughter. "Ya think I could get a little chuckle out your father?"

I tilt my head and cross my arms as Damon ran to the boar, making sure it died. I extend my arm to summon the spear back to me and immediately I felt a powerful presence behind me.

"Ah, did Melinoe deliver my message?"

I turn to see Dolos looking down at me. I look up at him and sigh. "That you got my sister to safety?"

He nods slightly. "You know I had to save my own skin first," Dolos says, laughing a bit. "Shes safe behind Eleos' garments-"

"Let's both pray to Hera you said this without disrespect," I reply as Damon pushes the boar to me, careful to not sink his own teeth into it.

He laughs and smiles heavily. "By the gods no. No disrespect, Sozime. I just wanted to make sure you knew personally. I will return and keep your sister safe," he says. I sigh as he disappears. Mimir looks up.

"Ya know, as I've learned from Odin, dealing with the gods aren't normally practical."

I smile softly, trying to reassure him. "It's hard to not deal with them when you're a god yourself. Most want to save their own skins so using it to your advantage helps."

He nods a bit, well as much as I could tell.

I feel a powerful presence of wind and I look to Damon. "Take Mimir and the boar to Kratos and Atreus." I unclip Mimir's head and put with with Damon as he races away.

"Zeus," I say, feeling winds surround me as gusts of fog attempt to make my vision blurry. I watch, seeing visions of his hands within the fog as I stand up clearly. "Whatever blasphemy you spill will end up in the blood of your descendants."