Part III: A Living Nightmare

Hecate's delicate hand touched the circle of the large sky arena we were in and summoned someone with the use of magic.
And there she was: Melinoe, daughter of Hades and Persephone, granddaughter of Demeter. She is the goddess of nightmares and ghosts.

Everyone looked taken aback to see her except myself and Hecate.

"Hello Melinoe, long time no see," I said cheerfully trying to brighten her usually sadden demeanor. Her half black and half white hair drooped over her same colored body. I honestly adored Melinoe. Though, others didn't and they didn't like the fact that she scared people, whereas I did. Even before I went up into Olympus, Melinoe and I were close friends.

"Hello Sozime," she said slowly, "I wish I came under better circumstances. After this, I'll give you a present so, please don't be upset with me."

"Melinoe, why would I be upset-"

"You have to face your living nightmare, Sozime," Hecate interrupted, "The Nightmare."

Lyssa smiled and crossed her arms. "This is where it gets fun," she grinned. "Oh and I already bestowed my gift to you. That 'firey' feeling you had fighting the Hydra? That was me. I gifted you the ability to turn your rage into power, like that of a Spartan. But on a more...godly level."

"Anyway," Melinoe said, cupping my face gently, "I have to be the one to give you the nightmare because I can do it swiftly and take it away even faster."

I sat down in front of her and Hecate put a bubble around me, blocking off the other gods and goddesses for a moment. I looked up as Melinoe grabbed my face. "Forgive me..."

Suddenly my eyes went back and one was black, the other was white.

My mind reverted to That Day:

There he was. Standing there over their bodies, blades tossed away. His red mark over his head was stained with blood and I watched as the ashes of Lysandra and Calliope covered his body. I twirled my blade and took a few steps up.

Immediately he turned around in a fit of rage and almost slashed me with his sword. I used my shield to block the attack. Then I recognized the blades. Those blades: The Blades of Chaos. I could feel that same fiery feeling emit from him but he wasn't completely enraged. Not yet at least.

I knocked his blades back with my shield and punched him. "You're such a beast, not even human," I mumbled, pacing a bit. "You're the big bad Spartan general huh?"

Suddenly, he jumped into me, which I wasn't ready for, sending me crashing through multiple buildings outside the temple. We were surrounded by a burning Sparta. Fire plagued everything as the cries of even the mightiest of people were as weary as the cries of children. I got up as he turned his back to me.

"You're a monster! You took everything from me! My mother, my sister, my childhood! You're a fiend, a destroyer and you are no blood to me!" The anger Lyssa spoke of rage within me. Kratos' face was one filled with a numb emotion with anger.

"You do not know what you speak, child! Blasphemous heathen," he said angry.

I held out my blade and shoved my shield into his chest. "YOU DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE ONE THAT YOU DIDN'T SLAY MONSTER!" I hit my shield against him again. "YOU FORGOT ME!"

Tears welled in my eyes as red energy surrounded me as I was enraged. "I HATE YOU!" I grabbed him and sent him flying through concrete and stone. "I will make you regret leaving me alive Kratos! You should've killed me with mother and Calliope!"

He angrily yelled and grabbed my face and threw me into another home. My former home. I peeked up at the painting of us four: Myself with Calliope's arm around me and even my father loving my mother. That man was not my father. I felt his presence and screamed, releasing every bit of rage I had and it fueled me. I grabbed my blade and slashed him with it, as I got into my stance. My energy sent the roof flying off my home and the walls crashing down. I was roughly surrounded by nothing except the foundation of our home.