Part X: Into the Unknown

Most of the gods were talking in the square when Damon, Zagreus, and I arrived in Olympus. I recognized some faces, but not all. My eyes widened in awe as a goddess stepped towards me.

"Aphrodite," I gasped, aloud as the crowd of gods and goddesses she was talking to, stopped and looked at us.

She came towards me and grazed her hand on my face. "What a gorgeous youth," she said, gently rubbing her hand on my face. My eyes widened a bit and I blushed hard.

"Thank you," I said looking away, blushing a bit.

"Daughter of the Spartan, we must speak soon. I need to know if you have that invigorating passion, like your father," Aphrodite said smirking a bit. "Not only do you resemble Ares and Kratos' greatly, but you remind me of that gorgeous youth, Adonis. We should definitely talk about some things. Come see me soon."

Zagreus pulled me back gently. "That's enough of that," he said, looking wide eyed.

I looked at Zagreus dumbfounded, then he whispered in my ear. My brain finally got what Aphrodite meant and my face was flushed.

"I, Thank you for the offer, but I must be on my way to say my goodbyes. I am getting ready to find my father, which is going to be a tedious and dangerous journey."

Aphrodite smiled softly. "Be sure to stop by before you leave and when you come back then, little hero~"

Zagreus grabbed me and pulled me away immediately. "Thank you for your time, Aphrodite!" I said, as he pulled me away. My eyes widened a bit. "Are you jealous?"

Zagreus stopped and turned to me slowly.
"Very."

I started to laugh and Damon raced up to Hestia and Eleos, who were in the crowd.

I was immediately met with clapping and cheering.

"We're all very proud of you, Sozime," Lyssa said, coming forth. "Your progress as Olympus' Champion and Protector has not gone unnoticed. Go, complete your destiny. We will be waiting and cheering you on. We are with you."

I smiled a bit. "Thank you all for everything. I'll be back, I promise," I said happily.  My smile faltered a bit when I saw how overly excited Lyssa was unlike everyone else.

Hestia and Eleos raced up to me and hugged me tightly. "We're going to miss you so much, Adoni," Hestia said, hugging me a bit tight. My eyes widened and I hugged both her and Eleos back.

Eleos smiled and rubbed my head. "I'm so happy I found you, little one," Eleos said softly, hugging me as I was in between them both. They finally let me go and I looked towards the group of gods and goddess, nymphs and other beings. My eyes widened and the ghosts of the deceased were there with me. Melinoe walked up to me and I leaned down.

"The spirits of the gods have been bugging me to get to you. They're very very proud of you as well," she whispered in my ear. "Zagreus seems really fond of you."

I smirked and she started to giggle. She ran back to the crowd of gods and goddesses laughing.

"Sozime, we are all very proud of you. How much you've grown and how far you've came. You've grown physically, mentally, and emotionally. You have done well serving the gods and you have made us proud. The people of our lands will know your name, far and wide. You might even end up being worshipped like Zeus once was," Lyssa said smiling.

I couldn't imagine myself as a patron goddess. I don't even know what I'd be a goddess of.  I smiled and Lyssa grabbed my hands.

"I know you will make the right choices to fulfill your prophecy. We are with you, always and forever, no matter what," Lyssa added, smiling softly.