XXVII: New Roads & New Chances

A/N: I MISSED YALL SO MUCH!

/////

"You will either be the huntress or hunted. Make your choice and be prepared for the consequences of your actions." Lyssa to Adoni during Carneius.

//////

"Do you have something to say, boy?" Kratos said, stopping from buttoning up my fur accessory.

"You heard me." Atreus said slowly, which caused my eyes to widen.

"Do not distract yourself from our main task at hand, boy."

I held Mimir's head gently and he let out a little chuckle. "It does seem like the lad has grown a pair." I immediately laugh and cover my mouth as they both look at me.

"The lassie cares a lot more than it seems, lad," Mimir says as I hold him in my arms.

I glance at Mimir and smile. "Smart head," I say, causing Mimir to give me a slight smile.

"Just an observation, lass." He replies softly as I keep him held close. We kept running through the mountain and out of nowhere, Damon's ears perk up. I hold my hand out and look around as I stop walking.

"What is it?" Kratos asks and my eyes widened. I quickly attached Mimir to my hip and pulled both Atreus and Kratos back a bit as a large Ice Troll comes from above. We move back and I take out my blades, molding them into a bow. Immediately, another troll comes down beside the first one, roaring loudly. I glance at Atreus who rushes the troll, firing his arrows. Kratos immediately attacks the other troll and I roll my eyes a bit. I look over and run off of the wall, bouncing off of it and shooting a lightning arrow in between the eyes of the beast.

"Hey!" Atreus yelled out. "I had it!"

"Your aim isn't true because you are blinded by anger. How about we finish this fight, Atreus." I said, looking at the Troll and shifting my bow into a spear. I grabbed Atreus before he could answer and the troll came at us, bringing its club down in front of us. I glared at the troll and then softly looked to Atreus.

"Do you trust me?" I asked softly. He gave me a nod as I grabbed him. "Run along the side as quickly as you can towards the troll, little brother."

Atreus' eyes widened as I threw him towards the mountain. I took out my shield and threw it at the trolls feet, cutting off his ankle, causing him to lower enough for Atreus to jump onto his head.

"Jump now!"

Atreus jumped on command as the troll roared. Atreus jumped up and I toss him my spear. He comes down on the troll, shoving my spear into it's skull. I watched as he held on tightly. My eyes widened as the beast began to fall and I rush towards the mountain run towards the wall towards Atreus. If he had gotten hurt, I would've blamed myself to no end. I jump towards him and grab him tightly.

"I got you." I say quietly as I was holding him tightly. The large troll fell, shaking ground a bit as I lowered Atreus to the ground. The troll crashed down and I immediately took my spear from its head.

"That was risky." Kratos said. "Boy, are you alright?"

I glanced at Atreus who had a shocked expression.

"That...was awesome." Atreus said, turning to me. "I was so high up and then the troll came crashing down like-" he began to mock the way the troll fell. I laughed a bit and softly pat his head.

"I'm glad you're safe, Atreus." I said, smiling a bit.

"Little brother works fine too..." Atreus' eyes widened and looked at me as if I had called him something outlandish.