Part IX: Preparation Over Perceptions Pt. II

*A/N: Wanted to give you all a longer chapter.*

I woke up the next day and stared hard at my own reflection. I looked at the blue tattoo that draped from my neck to my hand in remembrance of my fallen family.

Eleos smiled softly and brought me food. "Eos and Alectrona haven't yet brought up the sun, so I thought you should eat something first before you are blessed." She rubbed my head as I ate hungrily.

"Oh slow down child. It isn't going to leave your side!" She said, laughing a bit. My eyes widened.

"Eleos, you laugh?"

I haven't heard her laughter in so long.

She smiled softly. "You we're like this long ago too. Eating as if the food was going to walk away from you."

Hestia knocked on the door and smiled as she saw me.

"Hello, Sozime. I came to bless you before everyone else awoken," she said happily. I nodded and immediately covered myself, for I was only in my bandages that were binded around my chest, part of my stomach and my left leg.

I sat up and Hestia stood over me. "Due to having being gifted the fire of the Underworld and the Fire God after their demise, I gift it to you. You now have a greater usage for it. Not only for warmth, but for combat as well. What do they call it? Pyrokensis, the ability to manipulate and conjure fire."

That power she bestowed on me swirled around me and my body absorbed it effortlessly.

"Try it out, Adoni! You just call out what you need til you're able to just conjure it off the top of your mind."

I stood up and extended my hand as Hestia stood in front of me, ready to catch the fire wherever it went.

"Ball!" I yelled out and on my arm with the tattoos came a small ball of fire that I blasted from my arm.

"I'm happy you did something small, I don't know what I would've done if it was something large like a serpent," Hestia said, absorbing the fire ball.

I laughed a bit and Eleos rubbed my back. "Your garmets for today have been picked out, by Zagreus. He stopped by late last night to find you and decided to help me pick out your clothes. I know you can do it yourself but I just wanted to help you," she said softly.

I nodded. "Thank you, Eleos."

Hestia bowed a bit. "You have quite the line outside waiting for you. You should get dressed and I'll start sending them inside once you are."

I looked to the outfit that was picked out.

Minus the crown, I decided to keep on the headband with Hecate's jewel. It's magic is much more helpful than a crown. Plus, it looked way too much like Hera's. As I placed on the outfit, the jewel stood out as I peeked up at it. It didn't matter once I took off the assigned necklace as well.

I placed my shield on my back and blades on my sides.

"Alright, Sozime is ready for all of you now! Next please." Hestia called out once I laced my boots. Eleos grabbed me a chair and sat me down in the middle of my chamber as Artemis came up to me quickly.

"Little sister," she called me. "I'll bless you with the gift of the hunt. May your aim be sharp and may your running speed increase as the huntress you are."

Her magic swirled around me and I absorbed it effortlessly.

Zagreus and Melinoe came in next.

"As a huntress, you must be able to regenerate quickly. I give you the gift of regeneration," he said, kissing my forehead. I absorbed the magic and smiled a bit.