Chapter 4: Rules

I get up and I unpack my suitcase. After that, I brush my teeth and fix my hair. Then I go and sit on the bed and I call my mother.

"Mireya! How are you?"

"I'm fine. And you? Are you already in Florida?"

"We just landed. We're still at the airport in Florida. Well, did you find your family?"

"Yes! I found out I have six brothers, but my parents are dead. The brothers are very nice to me and very hostile. I'm gonna stay here for some days. I don't know how long exactly but they said that I can stay as long as I want and that I can go here anytime I want."

"Did you find out anything else?" Uhmm, okay? It's not like your daughter's brothers just took your daughter in without knowing her because they're so hostile so why not not thank them or anything?

"Well, they're rich. They have this family business but that's all I know."

"You haven't seen anything?"

"Mom, I have been here for like an hour. I'm sorry if I don't know every detail about their lives. I know their names and our parents live story but that's it, okay?"

"Okay. Well, call me everyday okay?"

"Sure. Bye mom!"

"Bye!"

I hang up and then read some wattpad.

After a few minutes someone knocks on the door. "Come in," I say.

The person opens the dood and I see that it's Domenico. "Hi, Mireya."

"Hi. What's up?"

"I was wondering if I could call one of your adoptive parents. You know, to tell them that you're safe here and that they shouldn't worry."

"Yeah sure!" I give him mom's number and he walks out again.

Now I'm bored. What shall I do? I remember the library. I like to read, and there were lots of books so I go downstairs to the library.

I take a look at the books. Most of them are famous old books, but I like Young Adult books. There's one shelf with that kind of books so I take a look. I see the Hunger Games series. I was reading those, but I hadn't finished the last book yet and I left it at home so I grab it and I sit on one of the chairs.

I looveee this book. I lose the time and when it's 7, I hear Luca calling me. I place the book back out of politeness and I walk towards the dining room. I see Dante sitting next to Giovanni, and on the other side Amado and Luca. Domenico sits at the head of the table. I go and sit next to Luca.

"What were you doing?" Asks Dante.

"I was reading a bit in the library."

"You like to read?"

"Yes, I really like Young Adult books. I also read Wattpad." I really hope that they don't know what that is.

"Wattpad? What's that?"

I see Luca tighten his face to stop himself from laughing. I suppose he know what it is, hahah. It makes me almost laugh too. Wattpad is famous for its porn, but that is only like half of all the stories.

"Just an app with stories."

Dante hums and we start eating. It's spaghetti without any meat or fish. I'm a vegetarian, so I'm lucky that they chose this because I haven't informed them about that yet.

The door of the dining room opens and another brother walks in. Antonio, I suppose. He's wearing black clothes with a black leather jacket. I noticed before that some of my brothers have tattoos, but this one got the most. He also has an earring. His blond hair is a bit longer than the others. He walks over to chair across from mine and sits down without saying anything. When he notices me, he says: "Who this?"