Chapter 10: What's The Big Deal?

Fuck, was he really going to scold at me for just being friends with some guys?

"What the fuck, Mireya?! I thought Domenico told you not to hang out with boys?"

The fury in his eyes is real.

"Didn't he?!" He says, now a bit louder, "Answer me Mireya!" He's like one decibel away from yelling at me in a public parking lot of a mcdonalds.

"He did. Sorry. Please don't tell him."

"Of course I'm gonna tell him."

I pout my lips and I give him puppy eyes. "...please...?"

His face immediately softens. Ha, I have him wrapped around my finger. "Ugh, fine. But this is the last time I'll see you hang out with a boy."

"But-"

"No buts."

"They're all like a friend group. If I want to hang out with those girls, those guys will come too."

He sighs loudly, but I see that I still haven't made up his mind.

"As long as those girls are there, nothing could happen...don't you think? And I'm pretty sure that one of them is gay." No I wasn't, but what the hell.

"I'll talk to Domenico about it to see what's his opinion."

I wasn't sure if that was something positive or negative. "Fine. Let's just eat," I say with a smile.

He grins back and we walk towards the entrance. As soon as we're inside, I smell the typical greasy mcdonalds smell.

We see the them sitting with at a large table and we walk towards them and greeting them. Elio definitely does not fit in with these people. His dark clothing and his tattoos make him appear darker and more of a bad boy, while Atlas has more of a jocky vibe and has nice teeth. His chest and shoulders are more muscular, but I think Elio would rather have a six-pack than Atlas.

As soon as I realize that I'm comparing two boys to each other, I change the topic of my thoughts in my head.

Food.

"Shall we order?" I suggest to Amado.

"Sure," he answers.

After ordering, we sit at the table. The food was delicious. I order some fries, a vegetarian burger and a banana milkshake. As always.

While we're eating, we all have conversations. Occasionally Amado and Elio say something to each other in Italian. I guess Elio speaks Italian too. I only speak english, french and a bit of spanish.

When we're done eating, we stay there for another hour or so, just talking.

Then I decide to go to the bathroom. When I'm done and I open the door, I see Atlas in front of the other.

"Hi," I say.

"Hey," he replies, "you know, you're a quite beautiful girl."

I blush and I look down. Holy shit, was this guy flirting with me? In my whole life, never once has a guy flirted with me. "Thank you."

"Do you wanna go on date sometime? With me?"

"Uhm...my brothers wouldn't allow me to. Sorry."

"That's a pity. Well, I guess I'll only see you when we all hang out, with everyone..."

I felt sorry for this guy. "It's better than never, right?"

"Yeah, well, shall we get going then?"

"Yes," and we walk back to our table.

We decide that it's time to go, so Amado drops off my new friends and we go home.

We sit in the living room with Luca and Antonio. When Domenico comes downstairs, Amado says he needs to talk to him, so they go to the library. Let's hope Domenico will allow me to hang out with those guys.

After like 5 to 10 minutes, Domenico and Amado come back. Amado sits down.

"And?" I ask.

"Well," Domenico says, "as long as those girls are there too, it's ok."

"Omg, yes! Thank you!" I stand up and hug him.

"What's the tea?" Luca asks,

"Mireya made some new friends," Elio explains, "but some of them were boys."

"But I allow her to hang out with them as long as those girls are there too." Domenico says.

Antonio stands up. "Wait, what?" He says, "you're not fucking serious, are you?"

"Antonio, calm down, it's no big deal."

"No, it is a big deal! What the fuck, Domenico. You're not seriously gonna let her hang out with boys? Who even are these guys?!"

Domenico sighs, "They go to your school, and it's a pretty well school, so they can't be that bad."

"Well, a lot of boys at our school are that bad, Domenico!" Antonio yells.

"Just calm down, Antonio. Nothing can happen when those girls are there."

"Yes, yes it can!"

"You don't understand, An-," Domenico says, but is interrupted by Antonio.

"No, you don't understand!" And he punches a wall. Do people actual do that? Punching a wall? I thought that only wattpad people did that.

"Enough Antonio!" Domenico yells, "Elio, take Mireya to her room," he says to Elio. "I need to have a talk here," and he looks back at Antonio. God, Domenico can be so scary. His dominance makes his fury frightening.

"Come on," Elio says to me, and we go upstairs.

A/N: a shorter chapter for today