Chapter 18: Friends Over

I wake up again because of someone shaking me.

"Fuck off," I mumble.

"Stop whining, it's fucking twelve o'clock. You need to get up right now or your sleeping schedule will be even more messed up than it already is," Luca says while uncovering my blanket, which I don't mind because it's pretty hot today.

"Go away."

"We have to keep that Hernández boy company. He's been here for hours now."

"Five more minutes."

"Last warning. Get. Up!"

"Okay, fine, I'll get up," I say without moving or opening my eyes.

"So? Why aren't you fucking moving?!"

"Don't worry, I'm getting up."

"You better get up right now, or I'm going to drag you downstairs."

"I'm getting up," I say without actually getting up again.

Then I feel two hands grabbing my ankles, and before Luca can pull me from the bed, I quickly grab it with my hands. Luca tries to pull me, and though he's very strong, my grip holds me on my bed. My eyes are still closed and except for my arms, my body is relaxed.

Finally, Luca gives up and I hear him walk away as I keep on lying in my bed.

After a minute or two, I hear someone coming up to my room again.

Then suddenly, water is splashed all over my head and my hair! I quickly open my eyes and sit up. I see that Luca poured a whole bowl of water over me!

"You fucking piece of shit!" I yell, "I'm going to kill you with my bare hands!"

Luca turns around and runs away and I run after him. I chase him downstairs and into the garden slash backyard-ish, all the way to the pool.

I want to push him into the pool, but there was no way I was going to succeed because Luca is stronger than me.

"Amado! Antonio! Elio! Anyone!" I yell. It takes only a few seconds for them and that Santiago to get by the pool. They see mee with wet hair standing opposite to Luca who's standing in front of the pool. "Could y'all give me an extra hand?"

"Nahhh," the twins say in sync.

"Sure," Elio says, which is surprising me.

He walks over to Luca and pushes him into the pool and Luca yells "No!"

I walk over to the side of the pool to see him in the water, with his clothes on.

Haha, sucker.

"Thanks!" I say and I look at Elio. Slowly, a grin appears on his face.

Before I can defend myself, he pushes me into the pool. But, I can react quickly enough to grab him by his arm which pushed me, and I take him down with me.

There we were. Me, my brother and our family friend in the pool with our clothes on. I still even had my pajamas on. Antonio, Amado and Santiago were watching us and laughing. Hahaha, really witty.

We get out of the pool and I go upstairs to change and freshen up.

When I come back downstairs, I eat some brunch and I eat it while sitting with the rest at the outside table.

"So, what are we going to do today?"

"Well, we four," Antonio says referring to Amado, Luca, Elio and himself, "have plans for tonight. So, why don't you stay with Santiago?" He says it like it's a question, but I know it's more of a demand because we've got to make a good impression.