Chapter 11

Brittany.

After an amazing night with Deandre, all I wanted to do was take a nice bath and relax. I was still at the twin's apartment, but they were out with their boyfriends for the night so I had the place to myself.

I stepped into the apartment and immediately kicked my shoes off. Letting out a sigh of relief as the cool air in the apartment hit my feet that were hot and hurting from walking in heels all day. Attempting to lead myself through the dark apartment without turning on the lights was a struggle.

As soon as I was close to being near the bathroom, there was a knock at the door. I decided to turn on the light so I could remove my jacket before answering the door. "Hold on!" I screamed. Quickly removing my jacket and sitting my bag down on the bed, before jogging to the door. Whoever was at the door kept knocking hard. "I said hold on!!" I screamed with a slight attitude. "What is their problem?" I rhetorically ask myself.

Less than ten seconds later, I open up the door and am shocked by the figure in front of me. The person who owned this figure was the last person I wanted to see. "August.." Before I could even say what I was going to say, he barged in. "Come on in." I said sarcastically as I closed the door.

I turned to him and saw him standing there with his hands shoved in his pocket indicating that he was nervous and had something to say. Just seeing him made my own nerves grow with anticipation. I put my hands behind my back and lean against the door on my back. "What.. Wha.. What are you doing .. Here?" I ask August nervously as I bit my bottom lip.

"We need to talk Brittany." He said without making eye contact with me. "Okay.. We can talk back here." I say as I lead him to the guest room that I was staying in. Once we arrived in the room, I closed the door and told him to take a seat on the bed. "You gone sit down ma?" He asked. "No, I'm fine. I'll stand." I replied. "Brittany come sit down next to me. I don't bite." August chuckled and patted the spot next to him. I reluctantly took a sit next to August and faced him.

"I just saw your little bitch ass friend Deandre and he said somethings that I hope aren't true." August said with a serious face. By the look on his face and the tone of his voice, I knew that August did something he had no business doing like usual. "What did you do to him August?" I ask sternly. "Ya know ma I had to put my hands on him a bit. As I was doing that he was talking some shit that made it seem like you fucked him." I was taken back a little by what he was saying, why would Deandre say something that wasn't true at all.

"I never slept with him, we didn't even kiss so I don't know why he would say that.." August looked relief as I said that. "August you can't go around hurting people just because you don't like me hanging around them. You shouldn't have put your hands on him August. Now I have to call him and apologize for you doing that." I got up to get my phone and August immediately jumped up from the bed stopping me from getting my phone. "So you still gone talk to this nigga? Like Brittany come on he is up to no good I know it. He doesn't have good intentions with you." August took a deep breath. "Brittany I love you, can you stop talking to him for me?"

He looked at me with soft eyes. "Please.. You know I never say please." I looked August up and down contemplating on if I should give in. As seconds passed, all the memories of me crying, hurting, and catching him cheating came to my mind. That caused nothing but anger and heartbreak to come back to life. "You can make your way out." I say without looking him in his eyes and pointing to where the door was at. "Brittany please.. Don't do that babygirl." Whenever he called me babygirl it would make me melt on the inside, but not this time.

I pointed to the door again and August began to walk to the door. I opened the door for him and before he completely left out the door he turned to face me. "Brittany.." Before he could finish speaking, I interrupted him. "Goodbye August." I say slamming the door shut and locking it. Grabbing my phone, I call Deandre to make sure he is okay and apologize for what August did. He reinsured me that it was okay and that he would survive. We shared a giggle before I ended the call. I found myself in fettle position in front of the door crying. "I love him so much and it hurts I swear it hurts so bad..." I say to myself as I hold the sides of head with tears rapidly falling from my eyes.