Chapter 8

August.

Monique grabbed my arm and I turned around facing her. Anger and disappointment was written all over my face, but more anger than anything. If only I left this bitch Monique where I found her, I wouldn't be in this situation right now.

"What?!" I ask her harshly. She pouted and stuck out her bottom lip, but that didn't phase me for me second. "Come on." She tugged on my arm. "Let's finish what we started daddy, it will make you feel better."  Monique said seductively.

I wanted to go chase after Brittany, but I knew that she didn't want to be bothered with me right now. I cheated on Brittany so many times over the years, but this time made me regret it all. Maybe because I got caught is why I feel so guilty. Everything happens for a reason.

Reluctantly, I followed Monique back to my office. Sneak shook his head at me as Monique dragged me back to my office. I gave him a look before heading up the stairs and entering my office.

I bend Monique over and entered her, finishing what we started. As I thrusted in and out of her, my mind was on Brittany. I wasn't really into the sex right now, but I could tell Monique was. She looked back as me as she bit her lip. Her moans grew louder as I begin to pick up my pace and go harder. This was almost a stress reliever for me.

All my anger was being put into this sex and at the same time my kind was still on the situation. Without even noticing, I climaxed in Monique. I remove myself from her and pull my pants back up. "Ool, daddy. You did your thing today." She said seductively. I ignored her and headed out.

I needed some help on what to do about the situation. I knew just who to go to, my mom. After the twenty minute drive, I arrived at my mother's house. I use my key to unlock the front door. When I enter the house, I close the door behind me and call out for my mother.

"Mama!" I yell as I walk around, trying to find her. "Mama! Where ya at?" I knew my mother was here because she didn't have work today. "I'm up here." She called out. I followed the sound of her voice and found her in her bedroom lying down.

"Hey mama." I say as I walk over to give her a hug. "Hey baby." I sit down on the bed next to her. "What you doin' here Aug?" I blow out air and lay back on the bed. My hands are under my head and I stare at the ceiling. "Girl problems huh?" She asks. I simply shake my head yes.

"I think I fuc.. I mean messed up big this time." I corrected myself before I accidentally cursed in front of my mother. Then she would end up beating my ass. "What happened baby? Talk to me." She sat up and looked at me.

"Man. I was in my office and Brittany just so happen to walk in unexpectedly." I said. "Well what's so bad about that?" She asks. "That's not all. She walked in on me cheating on her." My mom shook her head and was silent for a minute. I didn't dear look at her because I knew she was giving me the death stare. That would only make me feel worse.

"Again August!?" She yelled at me with anger in her voice. "You have been with this girl forever and all you do is constantly hurt her. Through all of it she has stayed by your side and put up with your shit. One day she will get tired of your shit and leave. You gone hate the day you see her with someone else. You are going to wish you did right by her." She shook her head in disbelief. "I raised you so much better than this August." She said disappointed.

I hated to make my mother feel disappointed of me. I mean I'm trying to better myself for Brittany, but this shit is hard. After talking with my mother, I left her house to execute a plan I had in mind.

I knew Brittany couldn't dear be mad at me, after she sees what I'm going to do for her.

I arrive at our apartment and like I expected Brittany wasn't home, which was good. I sat the bags in my hand down, so that I could lock the door.

First step of plan, make dinner. I pull out the ingredients to make Brittany's favorite dish. Her favorite dish was Chicken Alfredo. It was a simple dish, but it was also easy to mess it up. I boil the water for the pasta and pull out a sauté pan for the chicken. After cutting up and seasoning the chicken, I put oil in the pan and wait for it to get hot. Once it's hot, I put the chicken in the pan and place the top on the pan and let it cook. The water began to boil and I broke the pasta in half and placed them in the boiling water. This should be done within twenty minutes, so in the meantime I will start step two.

Step two of the plan, set up the bedroom. I step into out bedroom and see how clean it is. It also smells like the perfume that Brittany wears all the time. Wonderful. I place the rose pedals on the floor and shape them into a heart on the bed. I place her gifts in the middle of the heart on the bed. Using the rest of the rose pedals to make a trail.

After finishing up dinner, I decide to sit on the island and wait for Brittany to arrive. Within thirty minutes, she comes home. "Hey babe." I say to her with a smile on my face, as I walk towards her. She ignores me and goes into the bedroom. I follow her. "I made your favorite dinner, chicken Alfredo." I tell her and still no response.

To my surprise, she began packing a bag with a few pair of clothes. I scrunched my eyebrows together. "Where are you going?" I ask her and she ignores me. So I grab her gifts and give them to her. She takes them with a sigh and opens them. I bought her a locket necklace that had a picture of us in it and pair of shoes that she has always wanted. "Thank you." She says plainly.

"Talk to me yo!" I grew angry at this point. She looked up at me with raised eyebrows and so much hurt was in her eyes. "Just leave me alone August." She says. I block the bedroom doorway, so she couldn't leave. "No, talk to me Brittany. I'm trying to make things right, but you are being so difficult." She drops her head and I use my index finger to lift her head up.

I notice a few tears roll down her face. "August it's too late. It's too late now to try and make things right. You should have been doing this stuff from the beginning. You shouldn't have to wait until I'm completely hurt and destroyed before you want to fix things. One day I will leave your ass for good and you will regret everything you ever did." She sniffed. "I'm staying at a friend's house tonight. I need time to myself."

She walks past me and out the apartment. I sit on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands, thinking. "Damn.."