Chapter 9

Brittany.

It's been two whole weeks since I've talked to August. It's been two whole weeks since I've been staying with the twins in their two bedroom apartment, sleeping in Kayla's bed with her. Two whole weeks I have been in a state of depression because of what I saw in August's office.

I knew that August has cheated in the past, but I never really wanted to come to terms with it. Now that I saw it for myself, I can see that this is true. There is no way for me to deny it now. I have to put my big girls pants on and do what needs to be done. That is leaving August for good.

I laid in bed with the blacket over my head. Under the covers was my safe spot and I didn't want to move. Jayla and Kayla loud asses stormed in the room and removed the blanket from my body. The cold air sent child down my spine and goose bumps instantly formed.

"Ugh. Can you guys not. It's super cold in here." I said with an attitude as I attempted to snatch the blanket back, so that I could cover my body from the cold air. They had a tight grip on the blanket which prevented me from doing so.

"Come on Brittany, let's do something today." Jayla pouted. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not in mood, I just want to stay in bed." I replied and laid back down staring at the ceiling. "Brittany you've been laying in bed all depressed for too long now. It's time for you to get up and do something. I know he hurt you, but laying around all day won't make it any better. Get up and stop being a Debbie downer. We are going to the hair salon in an hour, you better be ready. Okay?" Kayla spat at me with an attitude.

"Yeah.. I guess" I mumbled and rolled my eyes. They both looked at me and then got up so that they could get ready. Me on the other hand, laid in bed not moving at all. After ten minutes, I decided that it was about time that I got out of this apartment.

I was tired of laying in bed all day and being all sad. Me getting out of this apartment was the best thing for me to do at this point. After a nice long hot shower, I put on some comfortable but cute clothes. I never liked to over dress with my outfits, I always tried to keep it simple and cute.

As soon as I put on my shoes, the twins walked in all dressed. "Come on let's go Brit Brat." I chuckled at the name she called me quickly grabbed my fanny pack, putting it on as we walked to the door. I made sure that I had my phone and all that other important stuff.

We arrived at the hair salon right on time for our appointment. There was a few other people in there, but it wasn't too many people. This meant that there would be gossiping and I hope that my situation was not the topic of discussion.

The twins were in the chair, but I had to wait because my stylish was finishing up a client. I didn't mind having to wait a few minutes, I was in no rush at all. As I browsed through a magazine, my phone began to vibrate in my fanny pack.

I took my phone out and saw that Deandre was calling. I smirked as I answerd the phone. "Hello?" I answered. "Brittany?" "Yeah that's me." I chuckled. "I just wanted to check on you, I haven't seen you or heard from you in almost three weeks. Is everything okay?" He asked in a concern tone.

I huffed. "Everything is fine, I was just long through something but I'm over that now." "That's good." "Yeah.." An awkward silence sat between us. "Would you like to go out to dinner with me tonight? You know so we can catch up a little and just enjoy each other's company as friends because I know you have a boyfriend." He said. I chuckled. "I used to have a boyfriend and I would love to go to dinner with you."

"Okay great. See you then beautiful." He said. "See you." I hung up the phone and a small smile appeared on my face. "What you over there smiling for?" My hair stylist, Toya, asked me. "Oh nothing." I simply replied. "Mhmm. Come on girl I'm ready for you now." I put my phone back in my fanny pack and followed Toya to her station.

After she washed my hair and conditioned it, she was about to blow dry my hair. "What are you getting done to you hair this time? The usual?" Toya asked. "No. Let's cut it to shoulder length." I said. "You sure?" She asked. "Positive." I smiled.

She spun my chair around and faced me towards the mirror. "Wow." I said shocked. "I look different, I think I like this." I cut my hair because I've always had my hair long ever since I've been with August and now that I am no longer with him, I want fresh start.

"Thank you so much." I pulled out my wallet and paid Toya in cash. Jayla and Kayla made their way over to me and began to whistle. "Okay sexy." Kayla said. "Oh my gosh girl, you cut your hair! I thought you loved your long hair?" Jayla asked. "I do but it's time for a new start." I said.

"So who is this guy you getting cute for?" Toya asked. "Well actually I do have a date tonight." All of the girls looked shocked, hut excited at the same time. "With who?" Jayla asked. "A friend of mine." I smirked. I got up from the chair and made my way to the door. The girls followed behind me and kept nagging me about who this mystery guy was. "Chill."