Chatpter 5 - Well that sucks.

You lay in bed and thought of what your life had become. The floor was still somewhat messy but you could see the laminate now.

It didn't feel real. Nothing did.

You drowned in your thoughts as you sorted through the pros and cons of the two people who swarmed those thoughts.

After crying and laughing and crying again a knock was placed at your door. A delicate one and you could detect it was your favourite witch.

"y/n, are you okay love?" she asked, concern shimmering through the gloss of her eyes.

"i'm fine." you responded.

"i don't think you are, Pietro heard you crying and stark is a bit concerned along with the rest of us."

"like i said Wanda, i'm fine."

She sighed but a smile still shone from her face. "No you aren't, don't lie to me. You cant, i can read your mind."

"it doesn't matter. it never will, because it never has. my thoughts, my feelings have never been considered. it's just the best of the best and if you don't fight then you'll die. i'm sick of feeling like i'm nothing Wanda, i really am. it all just gets so hard and i dont even know if i can take it anymore." you cried.

Tears streamed down your face and muffled affirmations were said trying to comfort you.

Nothing was heard through the sheer and utter pain you were experiencing. No one understood. Not even your uncle. It was the worst feeling in the world and it was all triggered by two stupid boys.

——————

Wanda brought dinner to your room and once you had finished she collected all the dirty dishes from your room and left you. Alone. Once again.

Pietro zoomed back and forth past your doorway until you couldn't bare the noise of his stupid shoes scuffing up the laminate outside anymore.

"Come in stupid." you yelled from the sprawled out position you had taken a liking to.

He jumped onto the bed and lay beside you. He latched his hand onto your and brushed his thumb over your knuckles.

You were so lucky to have him. But you couldn't possibly have him. You didn't want to put him through the pain you were going through. You didn't want to hurt such an amazing and caring person. You couldn't.

He kissed your cheek and just lay there with you.

It felt like heaven but you had to turn it to hell unfortunately.

"Silver." you muttered breaking the silence.

"Yes my love." he smiled and turned to you.

"I don't think we should do this anymore." you forced a slight smiled but your eyes started to gloss over, the tears started to form.

His eyes began to water. That broke you. He really cared for you. What the fuck were you doing?

"I can't drag you through this with me. I just can't. I really fucking love you and i will forever but i can't hurt you anymore. You only do good for me and i don't feel like i bring that to you anymore. I'm sorry..." the tears began to  drop down your cheeks

"I understand." he smiled.

He did not move. Just a single tear dropped from his eye but he still lay there with you. His grip on your hand tightened. It was as if to say he didn't want to loose you.

He wasn't loosing you. You were just letting him go.

The tears in yours eyes streamed faster now. The sadness had taken over you and it was unbearable. Why were you ruining such a brilliant thing in your life? Why did it have to end when it was so perfect?

———————

After about an hour Pietro left. You said you were 'exhausted'. It was clear that was not true though but he knew he had to go.

You lay there. Alone. Once more.

You wallowed in your sadness.

You heard muffled shouts from the kitchen and lounge. But you ignored them just as Pietro would've.

A small whisper was heard from outside from your door. It opened and the tall god who had caused some of your pain was there. It wasn't it dream. He was there and he cared.

"y/n, darling are you okay?" he asked

Once again you forced a small smile and a few words trailed from your lips. "i don't think so..."

Loki smiled at you. Your eyes may have been puffy and mascara may have been smudged all around your face, but he still thought you looked beautiful.

You smiled back. You may have just ruined your best relationship yet but you had Loki. Didn't you? or was he going to vanish like everyone else?

He lay on the bed next to you. You shifted yourself into his arms. He wasn't the best when it came to physical affection but with you he didn't mind. He lay his head on top and yours and flailed his arms around unsure what to do with them until you grabbed them and placed them around yourself. He didn't care. He could tell you needed comfort more than anything right now.

Your eyes began to get heavier and heavier.

Faint arguing and shouts were still heard in the background but you were unfazed. Nothing mattered right now. Apart from you and you had to make yourself feel like that.

Slumber took over your body and Loki's too.

The two of you just lay in your bed fast asleep without a care in the world.

i kind of cried writing this chapter:( but anyways i hope you enjoyed it!

~ cat <3