Chapter 17 - A Date

You held on to Loki's arm as a crowd of people followed behind you.

You forgot that Loki was legit a Norse God and you were Tony Stark's niece sometimes. The pressure to be perfect in these situations was always overwhelming.

Your face began to heat up and your hand started to shake.

Loki could see your uncomfortable state and reassured you it was going to be okay.

"Darling, don't worry your pretty little self." he whispered planting a kiss on your cheek.

"This is just a bit scary you know. I forgot about the fact pretty much everyone knows who we ar-"

A small woman pushed through you and Loki cutting off your sentence. She started babbling on about how she really loves and how she fancies Loki.

You rolled your eyes at the disrespect as she could clearly see you there.

Her eyes started to trail somewhere else and you did not like it.

"Beat it lady, before i beat you." you snapped out

You quickly covered your mouth at the utter surprise of what you had just said.

The woman grunted and quickly ran off back the other way.

Loki looked at you in surprise and amazement.

"I have to say that was quite impressive dear. Never seen you get so defensive." the god smirked

You sighed and playfully punched his arm.

"Look, i'm not going to lie, she was kind of annoying and to be fair you are my boyfriend." you smiled as the crowd still followed the two of you, collecting more people as you went along.

"Did we ever even make it official darling because i don't recall asking you to be my girlfriend." Loki questioned.

"I don't think you ever did." you smiled

Loki smirked at you as you dragged him into a restaurant you liked.

~~~

The group of fans still tossed around outside the window watching both you and Loki talk and eat food.

It died down after about an hour when people started to realise you were taking your time with your fries and weren't planning on coming out soon.

"So after here, where are we off." Loki muttered

"Surprise." you grinned back.

"Not even a clue my love?" the god asked pushing a piece of fallen hair behind his ear.

"Fine. Coffee and Books." you grumbled wishing you had kept it to yourself for longer.

Loki's face lit up as you finished the last word. He had always been a book worm. Yourself not so much - more so the robotics and mechanical side of things. But you did like them to an extent, you just didn't have your head buried into one all the time.

"You're not jesting with me, are you pet?" he said raising an eyebrow.

"Not at all. My friend works at this place and it's open 24/7 so you know i thought we could go."

A grin was placed on the gods face. He was naturally happy - which was pretty unnatural - you had made him happy for once?

~~~

The group of fans was now reduced to about 7 so both you and Loki spoke to them.

One girl in particular had more of an interest in you, then Loki. Which was surprising considering you were the more hidden part of the Avengers.

"So what's it like living in the tower." She questioned.

"Honestly it depends. Sometimes it can be great and sometimes it's really stressful." you replied.

"Cool. Oh i'm Lola by the way." she smiled

"Well obviously you know i'm y/n stark." you chuckled

She giggled a bit and ended with a smile.

"You seem really nice." she hummed

"Why thank you. Um hey, this may be a little out of line but you also seem really nice and maybe you wanted to come to the Avengers tower to meet everyone?" you smiled back

She did a little jump which bought a grin your face.

You tapped your number into her phone and told her to text you later on.

She hugged you goodbye and went off doing a little jig.

"Why's she so happy." Loki whispered coming back from the crowd of fans surrounding him.

"I invited her to the tower. She seems a lot nicer then the people over there." you grinned gesturing towards the other group.

~~~

* Loki's POV *

As i listened to y/n talk about the girl she had just met, i got a weird feeling that something was wrong with that girl.

That she was crazy , i just had an extremely terrible feeling about her.

Y/n grabbed my hand and pulled me down the street to our next destination but i couldn't help feeling slightly out of it because of that girl.

~~~

* Your POV *

"Loki move your little legs faster." you giggled

His head was in a far off place and you wondered where it was.

"I'm taller than you darling. Shush." he hummed

You raised an eyebrow in confusion as his eyes followed Lola down the street.

"That girl you invited just turned down a questionable alley - lets follow her." Loki protested

As you yanked on his arm , you were pulled with him at his sudden change of pace and direction.

He started to follow Lola's tracks and you wondered as to why he was so intrigued about it.

You heard a slight whisper from the old building Loki had made you go to.

"Yes she invited me to the tower master" The whisper explained

You recognised the voice as Lola's and now your interest peaked along with Loki's.

You thought about her face and age. Obviously you didn't know it but you guessed she was around your mother's age.

She was old but she seemed as if she had an young soul.

Now that you thought about it your father mentioned a Lola before his last trip. In fact he took a Lola with him.

She was about twenty at the time and your father was at least twenty-six

As the cogs in your brain were turning you blocked out every word she said.

Until you brought back to reality by a shove from Loki.

"I cant possibly tell her i caused the accident that killed her father."

Your heart dropped.

Okay i swear this is going somewhere

~ cat <3