Chapter 12 - A mission

You awoke from your sleep with Loki next to you once again.

You tucked yourself back into bed and he wrapped his arms around your waist.

You smiled to yourself as he nuzzled his chin into your shoulder.

~~~

You knew Tony still wasn't okay with you and Loki.

He had never been comfortable with you and another boy, but Loki? God you were lucky to be able to sit with him last night.

It was 9:45 and a familiar knock was placed at your door. It was Wanda. She was coming in to check on you and obviously get the details and what the fuck had happened between you and Loki. Nat heard the start of the conversation and of course her being her curious self she joined in.

You of course were whispering as the girls sat at the end of your bed and the god still slept beside you.

At that moment you were interrupted by an alarm and Friday telling you to meet your uncle in the lounge.

Loki was still asleep, somehow? You poked his face like you did most morning's when he stayed with you.

"Hey greasy, get up. There's a mission." you whispered

His eyes flickered open as he registered what you had just said.

"On the nine realms I am going to kill you about that name." he huffed as he brought himself into reality

"Do it, i dare you." you taunted.

He pulled you closer, his fingers now tilting your chin up towards him. "I'm close, darling." he smirked through gritted teeth.

~~~

You fumbled out of bed, practically pushing the tall god over.

You were eager to find out the mission and what the team would doing.

Of course as usual, you would be at the tower left behind as 'backup' is what Nat called it.

You grabbed a hoodie and some socks due to it being freezing. Loki looked at you as you scurried around your room trying to find your second sock. He shook his head in disbelief at the sight.

He grabbed his black sweater that you had bought him not long ago and he hurried out of your room leaving you behind.

"Dickhead." you mumbled under your breath laughing to yourself as you put your now found second sock on.

You ran out of your room and sat on the sofa between Peter and Loki.

Peter was still super tired. He was probably up all night playing on the switch or doing late homework. The usual. Some nights before you and Loki became a thing, you and Peter would play Mario Kart till the early morning, you would order pizza and snack on the bits in the cupboard. It was nice. You looked forward to it every weekend.

You turned to the exhausted kid and whispered 'did you stay up?' he mumbled a small reply and then his head fell on your shoulder. You didn't mind, it happened quite a lot. The kid had a weird sleeping pattern.

You smile as Tony explained more to the less exhausted Avengers with the exception of you. You were the more introverted Stark. You didn't like going out but sure if it meant a break from your 'suffocating' life then you'd go out.

"Okay, so basically what we are dealing with here is this guy is trying to use stolen alien powered tech to make more powerful weapons. There is a whole market of them and they are selling really cheap so the gang is making a ton of money but damaging innocent people and making problems." Stark explained

"So why don't we buy a weapon and then mini Stark over here along with Banner can deconstruct it. Whilst me, you, Natasha and Clint try to find out where they are located and where they have gotten this tech." Steve suggested

"Obviously our favourite hero's, Sam, Bucky, Thor and Wanda can always kill somebody if they need to but they might not need to." You smiled

Sam and Bucky nodded in unison. Wanda grinned at the thought of finally and just maybe getting some alone time with Vis. Thor looked up from the kitchen he was demolishing. He had a pop-tart stuffed in his mouth and another box beside him.

You laughed as the god tried to speak through the treat he had in his mouth.

Loki scoffed at his brother in disgust as he kept his eyes on the book he was reading.

"And last but not least, we need Loki to cast illusions to make it seem as if we aren't in the base if we find it." Tony huffed

Loki looked up from his book. Shock flooded his eyes as he had dreaded that something like this would happen. I mean he was excited to go but he thought he was going to fuck it up.

"People who need to come on the mission then." Tony sighed as he help up the list he had just conducted "y/n, Reindeer games, Rogers, Romanoff, Banner, Barton and Me."

You looked up in disbelief. You thought they were joking about you going on the mission earlier. But they weren't. They actually wanted you to go.

"You actually want me to come?" you asked

"Well yeah, you and Banner need to deconstruct the weapon, find out what the energy is." Steve replied

You grinned to yourself. This was your first time on an actual mission.

Loki looked at you a smiled to himself about your excitement.

"Okay. So we leave at two o'clock, make sure to pack dark clothes and or party shit, who knows what we'll be doing. Fury will be explaining more when he picks us up." Tony explained

~~~

You packed the last of your clothes into the bag along with makeup, a toothbrush and a hairbrush.

Loki sauntered his way into your room. He kissed your cheek. You turned around away from your bag.

"Are you okay, my love." he smiled

"The best ever, my love" you giggled

He pulled you in for a kiss and you smiled against his lips. His hands were cold against you skin but it was comforting.

Tony walked past your door as Loki picked you up.

"Hey kids no getting frisky, Fury is gonna be here in like 3 minutes." he yelled from your door

"Frisky?" you sighed in disgust "Please never use that word again."

Tony laughed and you could hear the echo in the distance.

You grabbed you bag, Loki grabbed his too and you stumbled out of your room into the lounge where the others were sat.

i am unsure as to when i will be uploading from now on because i go back to school tomorrow

- cat <3