Chatper 7 - A walk in the park

You and Steve walked to Central Park. You were hoping to feel better and that you did.

"So why are we actually at the park?" Steve piped up after the awkward silence that suffocated you.

"I need to clear my head America." you smiled as a bunch of girls ran at the man.

"Sir can we take a picture with you." they giggled.

"Yeah um okay." he replied

More people started to crowd round the hero and it frustrated you and it didn't make you feel better at all. You left and decided to stroll the park yourself. You turned a corner and were greeted with a familiar face.

Emma.

From that accidental one night stand that you encountered.

She just smiled at you. This time it wasn't an 'i want to kill you' smile it was a more comforting one. "Hi" she said

"Hey." you smiled awkwardly.

"I'm really sorry about you know, what happened." she mumbled

"It's okay." you laughed

"No but seriously, i am. I was just really angry with Cole and i'm sorry for calling you all those horrible names. Me and Cole haven't spoken in weeks now and i started dating this really cool girl actually." she giggled

"That's awesome for you dude, i'm really glad. But it's completely fine, i don't even remember what happened that night. I mean i remember going out but i don't remember anything happening with me and Cole and he told me nothing about you." you huffed

You and Emma started to talk more and you strolled around the park.

~~~~

After about an hour of walking with Emma you found the beloved Captain America swarmed with fans. Mostly fan girls but it didn't really bother you what bothered you was the fact they wouldn't let you get to him because they were all stubborn as fuck.

"OI SHMERICA OVER HERE NOW." you yelled through the crowd.

Steve turned to see you and Emma waiting further from the crowd. He pushed past the fans thanking them for their love and support and then ran up to you.

"Right can we go home now. I'm kinda freaked out and anxious because of these guys." he stammered whilst gesturing to the group of supporters behind him.

You nodded your head and gave Emma your number hoping to see her again soon because she was really cool and you seemed to share some similar interests. You waved bye then you and the hero walked off.

"Thank you for getting me out of there." Steve said taking heavy breaths

"No worries Rogers." you smiled. "Um are you okay." you said as his breath quickened and his hands started to shake.

"I- um i don't know." he stuttered through shaky breaths "i'm feeling really dizzy"

You lowered yourself and Steve to a bench. You knew exactly what was happening. He was having a panic attack.

You held his hand and tried to calm him down. He was worked up and it was all because of those idiots at the park hassling him. You were extremely worried for him and your hands began to shake not knowing what to do.

A tear dropped from Steve's eye and that worried you more. As you tried to comfort him more Wanda walked past with Pietro.

shit. you thought.

Wanda ran up to you and Steve who she could see herself was in distress. "I uh, Steve are you okay?" she stuttered

Your gaze was met with Pietro eyeing you down. You couldn't focus yourself on him right now, you had to have your attention on Steve.

"Um y/n, i think we should talk." Pietro whispered. "Not now silver, can't you see i've got my hands full, maybe later." you snapped back.

He stepped back clearly surprised by your statement. But was it really a surprise? The two of you had just ended things.

You and Wanda helped Steve calm down. She went inside a random store and brought him so water. After telling him it would be okay at least a thousand times he started to steady himself out.

You couldn't help but worry about him, he was always the one to protect you, always the one to be strong. You would've never imagined him like this.

You, Wanda and Steve all walked together to steady yourselves after what had just happened. Pietro trailed behind on his phone. Not paying any possible attention.

~~~~

You arrived home and Steve went straight to his room. Wanda made him some food, you weren't sure what it was but it smelt great. It didn't take long to make so after about 20 minutes she was down the hall with the food on a tray and some more water.

Wanda cared only for the good of people. It warmed your heart when she tried to comfort the team. Once Peter had a really bad day at school and you were stressing about something random. She took you both to get ice cream and watch a movie.

She was the absolute best. Even when you had just ended things with her brother.

As you walked into the lounge you spied Loki reading on the sofa. He was in a world of his own. So you decided to scare him.

You were as silent as possible and ran behind the sofa on which he was sitting. He still hadn't taken notice.

You jumped up and shouted something stupid at him.

"You stupid mortal, I am going to kill you." he yelled.

You started laughing and he started to chase you round the living room whilst in your fit of laughter.

He was actually really fast, or were you just slow? It didn't matter because it was fun and you were enjoying yourself.

He soon caught up to you and grabbed you round the waist, he threw you on the sofa and climbed on top of you tickling you causing you to laugh more. "Stop." you screamed laughing through shaky breaths. "Never, you moron. Don't scare me ever again." he smirked.

At that moment he kissed you and of course you kissed back. Everything fell into place.

But of course just your luck came and Pietro walked in.

Fuck.

this chapter is probably my favourite! enjoy and thank you so much for reading!

enjoy and thank you so much for reading!

- cat <3