1 || cries of pain

It's lonely out in spaceOn such a timeless flightAnd I think it's gonna be a long, long time'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find-Rocketman, Elton John

On such a timeless flight
And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find
-Rocketman, Elton John

It's lonely out in spaceOn such a timeless flightAnd I think it's gonna be a long, long time'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find-Rocketman, Elton John

Many Years Ago...
Asgard, Cosmos

In a small room, a woman lies, screaming and in pain. A fire crackles in the hearth, casting golden tones into every corner of the room. The night outside howls as gusts of wind make the window panes tremble.

A few more pushes. All it takes is a few more pushes.

Once again, she lets out a blood-curdling scream, which, if the storm itself were not so loud, could be heard by all of Asgard.

"Help me! Please!", her voice is strained and weak. "Somebody, help!", she cries out, her voice lost to the raging storm.

One man can hear her though.

So, as she pushes, three loud thumps sound from the thick oak door. Distracted from the pain momentarily, she manages to yell, "Please, help me!". Suddenly, the door bursts open and a tall shadow looms over her. A man with two gold horns on his headdress, clad in heavy armor and wielding a golden sword stands before the woman. "Heimdall.", she gasps, through the pain.

"Ingrid.", he says, walking inside, over to the chair she lays in.

"I don't think I can do this.", she pants.

"Just push.", he reassures her.

"How did you know?", she asks, through gasps and screams, referring to the baby.

He lets out a small, breathy laugh, barely even audible, "Ingrid, I see all. How could I not know?"

She sucks in a sharp breath, as she pushes once more, "I had just hoped you wouldn't turn your eye upon m-", she's cut off as she lets out a blood-curdling scream.

With that, the baby is out; Heimdall reaches down and picks it up gently. After cutting the umbilical cord with a pocket knife, he scoops water from a nearby basin with his hands and sprinkles it over the baby's head, washing away the blood. Then, he takes a moment to look at the babe, before handing it back to Ingrid.

A smile breaks over the woman's face, "She's perfect."

"She's special.", Heimdall adds, "She's important."

The woman glances up in confusion, "How so?"

"She has a great destiny. I can feel it.", he explains vaguely.

"Heimdall, she's not... She's not yours.", she tells him, worried there'd been a misunderstanding.

"Oh, don't worry. I know.", he says, still keeping his eyes fixed, "But she's still powerful. The Allfather will want to see her."

"No, he can't- Not my baby.", she shakes her head over and over again.

Her daughter was born out of wedlock. Hell, the father of her child doesn't even know about its existence. Her daughter is illegitimate, a bastard. Who knows what the Allfather would do if he found out about her? She doesn't want to take the chance with finding out.

"Do not panic, Ingrid. Once he knows who this baby is, no harm will come to her; not at his hand.", he assures her.

"Who is she?", she asks; when he doesn't answer, she raises her voice to a raspy yell, "Who is my child?"

He knows he shouldn't tell her, but it's her child. She's the woman he loves. She deserves to know.

"A Dea. The first one of her kind."

A message from the author:Okay, okay, okay, okay! New book! So, if anybody's coming from Power & Legacy, don't worry, this book will tie in with Aurelia's story eventually

Okay, okay, okay, okay! New book! So, if anybody's coming from Power & Legacy, don't worry, this book will tie in with Aurelia's story eventually. Patience. But for now, I hope you enjoy this book. It's a lot shorter than Power & Legacy, given that this book is 1 movie and Power & Legacy was two + the Steve part that you guys haven't read yet... Anyways, hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 661

Date published: May 28th, 2022