13 || a throne

I'm headed straight for the castleThey wanna make me their queenAnd there's an old man sitting on the throneThat's saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean-Castle, Halsey

They wanna make me their queen
And there's an old man sitting on the throne
That's saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean
-Castle, Halsey

I'm headed straight for the castleThey wanna make me their queenAnd there's an old man sitting on the throneThat's saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean-Castle, Halsey

May 30th, 2010
Heimdall's Observatory

As we emerge from the Bifrost, we all see Heimdall lying dead-still on his control panel. A series of panicked noises escape my throat, a jumble of words and emotions all trying to escape. Next to him, I drop to my knees and listen out for a pulse, though it's difficult to hear anything amidst the thoughts racing around my head. Snatching onto his wrist, I feel for a faint heart beat, a sign of life- anything.

One.

Two.

Three.

His heart beats, slowly yet steadily.

"He lives!", I yell out, "He lives!", tears of pure happiness spill from my turquoise orbs, "Get him to the healing room! Now! We must!"

Sif and the warriors three rush over to him, as Thor leaves down the bridge, toward the city. Giving Heimdall one last pained glance, I get up and chase after him, my booted feet clattering along the glass bridge.

He glances back, continuing his fast pace, "Astrid, you should not come with me. This is dangerous and Heimdall is as good as your father. You ought to stay with him."

"He is strong.", I declare, "Your father in his sleep, not as much. After all the kindness your family has shown me in my lifetime, I owe him my protection."

"You are a strong spirit, Astrid, and your stubbornness may cost you one day, but I have not the time to argue my case now. You can fight alongside me if you so wish.", he tells me, offering a small smile.

Without a second thought, he wraps an arm around my waist and swings Mjolnir around us. Our feet lift off the ground and we speed straight down the bridge toward the city, our surroundings a blur around us.

We arrive in the golden halls of the palace and run as fast as we can to Odin's chambers, where he lies in rest. When we get there, we see Frigga hugging Loki, unaware of his sins and deception, "I swear to you, Mother,", he says, "that they will pay for what they've done today."