3 || jotunheim

I wanna take you somewhere so you know I careBut it's so cold and I don't know where I brought you daffodils in a pretty stringBut they won't flower like they did last spring-Another Love, Tom Odell

But it's so cold and I don't know where
 I brought you daffodils in a pretty string
But they won't flower like they did last spring
-Another Love, Tom Odell

I wanna take you somewhere so you know I careBut it's so cold and I don't know where I brought you daffodils in a pretty stringBut they won't flower like they did last spring-Another Love, Tom Odell

May 28th 2010
Jotunheim

The seven of us land on Jotunheim in a flash of lights; the land around us is a cold, desolate wasteland of ice. We stare around, taking it all in; this isn't at all like the golden palaces I'm used to.

"We shouldn't be here.", Hogun says, as the wind howls past us.

"Let's move.", Thor says, ignoring all survival instincts.

Reluctantly, we all follow him through the frozen terrain, while huge icicles tumble down from the towering mountains. Crashes echo around the valley, making me jump, though I try not to show my fear.

We approach a gloomy palace, made from huge gray slabs of stone, which have only gotten darker with time, "Where are they?", Sif asks.

"Hiding,", Thor tells her, "as cowards always do."

"You've come a long way to die, Asgardians.", a low gravelly voice echoes off the hollow walls.

"I am Thor Odinson!", Thor announces.

"We know who you are.", the voice says.

"How did your people get into Asgard?", Thor demands.

He lets out a slow breath, "The house of Odin is full of traitors."

"Do not dishonor my father's name with your lies!", Thor yells.

The giant sharply stands up, "Your father is a murderer and a thief! And why have you come here? To make peace?", he mocks, "You long for battle. You crave it. You're nothing but a boy, trying to prove himself a man."

More frost giants appear around us, blocking off all our escapes, "Well this 'boy' has grown tired of your mockery."

All their hands turn into sharp icicles; Loki moves to whisper in his brother's ear, "Thor, stop and think. Look around you, we're outnumbered."