10 || love and lies

My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you againThese are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soonI was enchanted to meet youPlease don't be in love with someone else-Enchanted, Taylor Swift

These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you
Please don't be in love with someone else
-Enchanted, Taylor Swift

My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you againThese are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soonI was enchanted to meet youPlease don't be in love with someone else-Enchanted, Taylor Swift

May 29th 2010
Asgard, Cosmos

As the door burst open, my mother looked up in confusion as to who would be bursting into her chambers at this time. Her features flood with relief as she sees me stood in the doorway and she jumps out of her armchair, rushing over to me.

When she gets closer, she notices my tear-stained cheeks, my blood-shot eyes, and my trembling lip. She places her hands on my upper arms, before pulling me into a hug, "What happened?". I sob into her chest, unable to think of anything but Thor and Jane; the way he looked at her. "Do you plan on telling me?", I shake my head, which is still stuck like glue to her chest. She pulls back a little and meets my eye, raising an eyebrow at me, "So it's to do with a boy?", I don't answer, which gives her all the answers she needs, "Is it the boy that I'm thinking of?", I just sniffle. She walks over to her armchair and sits down again, "What did he do?"

"There was... another girl...", I manage to choke out between sobs, though I can't get anything else out.

She purses her lips and her face contorts seeing me so upset, "Come here.", she holds her arms out. Slowly, I walk over to her and she pulls me down so I'm sitting in her lap like she used to when I was little. "You know what I think about boys? Waste. Of. Time. Never did care for them too much myself."

"Oh, I know.", I scoff, a trace of a smirk breaking through the despair on my face.

"I did get you as a result of one however, so I would say things worked out well for me.", she sighs, "Take my advice, no boys are worth a moment of your precious time until such a day as one moves a mountain for you, slays a bilchsnipe for you, and lets you know that at any moment he is more than willing to get down on one knee, pull out a ring, entirely devote himself to you for all of eternity, and let you mother his children. But until that happens, no boy you meet is good enough for you. I don't care if he's a king, a prince, a god, a thief, a hero, or a villain. Until a boy proves himself a man to you, don't even look in his direction.". I nod silently and she seems satisfied with her speech, "Who else knows you're back on Asgard?"

"I teleported straight here, though I presume Heimdall is aware.", I say.

"I was so worried when he told me what you'd done. You could have come back or at least gave any signal that you were okay.", she kisses my forehead, "I'm glad to see you again, even under such circumstances."

Heimdall!", I exclaim, "I should go to Heimdall. I need to speak with him.", I say, before getting up and rushing to the door.

"Astrid, about your return. Should I tell Friga?", she asks.

I stop and glance back, "If you would like to and send her my kindest regards. I understand how difficult things must be for her, having lost a son and a husband."

Without leaving room for another word, I rush out, unbeknownst to me, leaving my mother watching after me in confusion as to what I meant by losing 'a husband'. Wanting to see the kingdom again, I decide against just teleporting to Heimdall's observatory and just sprint as fast as I can.

After running for perhaps a quarter of an hour, I arrive at the beginning of the rainbow bridge and can't help but smile at the beauty of the Bifrost. Slowly, I walk down the bridge and as I near, Heimdall steps outside, facing me. The second I see the familiar steely look on his face, I can't help but run and throw myself into his arms.

"You couldn't stay away from Asgard for very long, could you?"

I pull my face away from his chest and raise my eyebrows, "Oh, come on, I know you missed me every day."

"It was a lot quieter without you, little one.", he admits, turning and walking back inside.

"I'll bet.", I smirk, following him inside.

"I cannot believe what happened to Odin, Thor was distraught.", I say, sitting down on the steps.

"It's a natural thing.", he tells me, "He should wake up within the week anyway."

I furrow my brow, "Wake up? I do not understand?"

"The Odinsleep usually only lasts a week or so."

"Odinsleep?", I raise an eyebrow.

"You have been lied to, haven't you?"

"It would seem so.", I nod, "Loki, I suspect."

"As do I.", he agrees.

"I need to go find Lady Sif and the warriors three, then we can journey back down to Earth and warn Thor."

"With your abilities, there are much quicker ways for you to warn him.", he says, though I'm already running off down the bridge.

"After the terms we parted on, I do not want to face him."

He calls something else after me but I'm too busy running to listen.

A message from the author:Have another update to make up for my absence

Have another update to make up for my absence. Aren't I generous? Anyways, hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 941

Date published: July 13th, 2022