9 || it was always you

It's you, it's you, it's all for youEverything I doI tell you all the timeHeaven is a place on earth with you-Video Games, Lana Del Ray

Everything I do
I tell you all the time
Heaven is a place on earth with you
-Video Games, Lana Del Ray

It's you, it's you, it's all for youEverything I doI tell you all the timeHeaven is a place on earth with you-Video Games, Lana Del Ray

May 29th 2010
New Mexico, Earth

I sit in the bare room, slumped in the rickety metal chair; my mother would be scolding me for my unladylike posture if she could see me now. But she can't. I'm galaxies away from home, and what for? To stay loyal to the boy I loved growing up? But now it's just the two of us on Midgard and I have to watch as he falls in love with someone else.

I could leave if I wanted to, I could return home. But I don't. I'm here for him.

He sits in the next room, with one of the people who captured us trying to talk to him. Thor doesn't say anything to the man, just wallows in his own self-pity, so eventually, the man leaves and walks into the glass room I'm in. He looks me up and down before walking further into the room, "You and your boyfriend ran laps around some of the most highly-trained men in America. But there's something special about you, I hear.", he looks me dead in the eyes, "So, where did you get your enhancements?", I remain silent, "Russia? Afghanistan? China?"

"From forces greater than your mortal mind could perceive.", I say, a scowl on my face.

"So, magic mushrooms?", the scowl doesn't leave my face, "Not one for humour, I see. Still, you're more talkative than your boyfriend in there.", he nods his head toward the room Thor's in, but I don't look.

"Do not say that.", I snap.

"Defensive, are we?", he smirks.

The man's getting on my nerves now, so I decide to give him a little scare, "How's the cellist?", I ask, having heard him on the phone a few hours ago.

His eyes widen slightly, but he maintains his calm exterior surprisingly well,  "You can try to scare me, but I'm the one in charge here. I'm not the one strapped to a chair."

Getting annoyed with him, I disappear from in front of him and reappear on the other side of the room, "Well, now it would appear that neither of us are strapped to a chair. I would say that makes us even."