15 || my love, my life

Hold me while you waitI wish that I was good enoughIf only I could wake you upMy love, my love, my love, my love-Hold Me While You Wait, Lewis Capaldi

I wish that I was good enough
If only I could wake you up
My love, my love, my love, my love
-Hold Me While You Wait, Lewis Capaldi

Hold me while you waitI wish that I was good enoughIf only I could wake you upMy love, my love, my love, my love-Hold Me While You Wait, Lewis Capaldi

June 17th, 2010
Odin's Palace, Asgard

As I near the banquet hall, the music grows louder and the sounds of chatter and laughter echo down the long hallways. My heeled feet tap along the stone floor and my dress flows lightly behind me as I walk. Golden doors tower before me and I come to a stop, composing myself before I have to face the party.

Slowly, I smooth down my long dress and push the heavy doors open, stepping into the noisy room. A hush spreads across the large room and everyone gazes at me; amidst the silence, I slowly walk toward the only two empty seats at the long banquet table. Eyes follow me the whole way down but I just gaze straight ahead of me. Thor is nowhere to be seen and I assume that the other empty chair has his name on it.

Our seats are just next to Odin's, who's seated at the head of the table, whilst we're facing Frigga and my mother. Silently, I pull out the chair and sit down, leaving the seat next to Odin for Thor when he decides to grace the party with his presence. Once I've sat down, the chatter and liveliness of the room resumes.

"Astrid, kind of you to finally make an appearance.", my mother says, sarcasm thick on her tongue.

"Sorry, I was with Heimdall.", I tell her.

"Do not fret, you're still better than my son.", Odin assures me.

At that very moment, the doors open and Thor walks in, looking just as glum as he has every day since we lost Loki. He wears his armour and makes a B-line to his seat, sitting down without saying a word to any of us.

Once Thor is seated, Odin stands up and taps a spoon against his glass; silence immediately descends over the excited guests in the room, "Good evening all. Tonight, we have gathered to welcome home Lady Astrid and my son, Thor.", loud applause fill the room and he pauses until they die down, "The two, along with Lady Sif and the Warriors Three,", a seemingly endless stream of servants begin to enter, carrying plate of all sorts of food that they place all along the table, "fought valiantly to protect not only Asgard but Midgard and its people.", he raises his goblet of mead, "To Prince Thor and Lady Astrid."