4 || outcast

Running just as fast as we canHolding on to one another's handTrying to get away into the nightAnd then you put your arms around meAnd we tumble to the ground and then you sayI think we're alone now-I Think We're Alone Now, Tiffany

May 28th 2010
Heimdall's Observatory, Asgard

We all reappear in the observatory, slightly disorientated. Heimdall stands, unbothered as ever, his hands gripping the sword. But when we return and he senses Odin's rage, he steps down from the controls.

Heimdall and I have somewhat similar powers, though he's a lot better at using them than I am. Our powers are called 'Extrasensory Acute Senses'. All of our senses are dialled up to ten constantly, and we can feel things nobody else can. We can hear the plants growing. We can sense life flourishing, or life dying.

Odin pulls Heimdall's sword from the control panel and throws it to him. Heimdall catches it and backs away, towards me, discreetly checking I'm not injured.

"Why did you bring us back?", Thor demands.

"Do you realize what you've done? What you've started?", Odin asks.

"I was protecting my home.", Thor insists.

"You cannot protect your friends. How can you hope to protect a kingdom?", Odin turns to the others, "Get him to the healing room!", he commands, referring to Fandral.  Sif, Volstagg, and Hogun hurry to help Fandral out of the room.

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if you're afraid to act! The Jotuns must learn to fear me just as they once feared you!", Thor yells.

"That's pride and vanity talking, not leadership.", Odin stares at him furiously, "You've forgotten everything I taught you about a warrior's patience."

"While you wait and be patient, the Nine Realms laugh at us. The old ways are done. You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls.", Thor mocks.

"You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy!", Odin snaps.

"And you are an old man and a fool!", Thor yells back.

Odin looks down, something that I can't quite decipher overtaking his features. Misery? Or maybe even shame.

"Yes.", he says, quietly, "I was a fool to think you were ready."

"Father.", Loki steps forward.

Odin turns around and snaps at him, then turns back to Thor, "Thor Odinson, you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent to the horror and desolation of war!", he lifts his spear and places it in the Bifrost control panel, sending beams of energy around the room, "You are unworthy of these realms!", he pulls the discs from Thor chest, then his cape, "You're unworthy of your title! You're unworthy of the loved ones you have betrayed.", I swear, I see Thor glance down at me. Odin takes a few steps backward, "I now take from you your power!", Mjolnir flies to him, "In the name of my father and his father before.", the chains of Thor's sleeves disintergrate, "I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!".

Thor is pulled backward into the Bifrost, and Loki and I immediately run over to it. Before I can stop myself, I make the single most idiotic decision I perhaps have ever made.

"Astrid!", Heimdall yells.

But I don't listen. I can't listen.

So, without a second thought, I jump through the Bifrost.

A message from the author:Sorry about the long gap between updates! Anyways, hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

Sorry about the long gap between updates! Anyways, hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 549

Date published: June 17th, 2022