11 || friends reunited

If my body was on fireOoh, you'd watch me burn down in flamesYou said you loved me, you're a liar'Cause you never, ever, ever did, babyBut darling, I'd still catch a grenade for ya-Grenade, Bruno Mars

Ooh, you'd watch me burn down in flames
You said you loved me, you're a liar
'
Cause you never, ever, ever did, baby
But darling, I'd still catch a grenade for ya
-Grenade, Bruno Mars

If my body was on fireOoh, you'd watch me burn down in flamesYou said you loved me, you're a liar'Cause you never, ever, ever did, babyBut darling, I'd still catch a grenade for ya-Grenade, Bruno Mars

May 29th, 2010
Odin's Palace, Asgard

"Astrid!", Sif exclaims, as the door burst open and I rush into the room they all sit in solemnly.

"By Odin, Astrid, how are you here?",  Volstagg exclaims, standing up.

"I can teleport, I was never truly stranded."

Fandral rushes over to me, "Does that mean Thor has returned as well?"

Shutting the heavy door as quick as I can, before glancing around nervously and flopping down on one of the sofas. They all follow after me, like a flock of sheep, eager to hear what happened to Thor and me on Midgard.

"Do any of you know the whereabouts of Loki?", I ask.

"No, we haven't seen him since yesterday."

"We must get to Thor, immediately. He is in grave danger.", I warn.

"I knew it!", Sif exclaims.

"Loki... He- He told Thor that the Allfather had died. Now Thor is distraught and alone, I fear what Loki will do to him."

"Thor can protect himself. He has the powers Mjolnir, after all.", Hogun declares.

"No. No he does not. His powers come from the Allfather and after he was banished...", I look down at the ground, "Odin cast some spell upon Mjolnir and Thor can no longer lift it. On Midgard, he isn't the god of thunder, he's just a man."

"But you maintained your powers..."

"I was never banished and my powers come from the universe, not Asgard or the Allfather."

"Well if Thor is powerless, we must journey to Midgard and bring him home. We must warn him that he's been lied to.", Sif says.

"Loki forbade us from doing so.", Volstagg argues.

"It's treason.", Fandral agrees.

"To hell with treason, it's suicide!", yells Volstagg.

"Loki is no king! He is a liar and a thief!", I snap, silence descending over the room after my words. 

When nobody else says anything, Sif speaks up, "Even if we wanted to, Loki will have Heimdall under strict instructions to not let anyone leave."

I think for a moment, "I can take care of that. We must leave soon however, before Loki realizes that I've returned.", I glance, "We must hush though. Heimdall may already be watching and we wouldn't want him informing Loki before we can get to him."

As I say this the doors open and a guard stands in the doorway, "Heimdall demands your presence."

Volstagg sighs, "We're doomed."

As we walk down to his observatory, the three men walk in front as Sif and I trail behind, "So, what happened with you two on Earth?", she asks.

"Nothing.", I lie.

"Come on, Astrid, I've known you two since the three of us were but infants. The two of you have been inseparable since the moment you met, yet you speak of him now as though he's nothing but a nuisance you are tasked to take care of."

"And that he is.", I declare.

She raises an eyebrow, "So, would you like to talk about it? Just one girl to another."

I sigh, "It's a very long story but, in short, something happened between me and Thor and I thought things between us would finally change. Then there was another girl and... That's all you need to know."

She nods understandingly, "Well if anyone in this universe was ever meant to be together, it's you and Thor. He'll find his way back to you."

"Maybe I don't want him to though.", I declare, meekly. A while later, we arrive at Heimdall's observatory and are met by an icy glare, "Before you let your fury speak-", I start.

"You would defy the commands of Loki, our King, break every oath you have taken as warriors, and commit treason to bring Thor back?", he cuts me off.

"Sums it up.", I nod.

"Good.", he says, starting to walk down the steps.

"So you'll help us?", Volstagg questions, as he continues to walk straight past us.

"I am bound by honour to our King. I cannot open the Bifrost to you.", he doesn't look back and walks straight out of the observatory.

"Complicated fellow, isn't he?", Fandral scoffs.

"Now what do we do?", Volstagg asks.

They all look to see me already staring at the sword in the control panel, "We fight."

A message from the author:3 updates in 1 day! No way! Anyways, hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

3 updates in 1 day! No way! Anyways, hope you all had a good week! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 783

Date published: July 13th, 2022