Chapter 43

Luke's POV

"Do you think Demi is saying you may be the father of Lucy Sky to help this case and to get back at Dean?" The sly lawyer of Dean throws another question in the mix. I've sat back and watched everyone take the stand before me and his lawyer, knowing Dean is guilty, has tried to pin all of this on Demi.

"No, not at all. The dates add up and it was my first time when we" I wave my hand around as if saying sex in a room of lawyer, friends, Demi's mother and Dean's evil parents who have brought their friends, would be so bad.

"Sex" Dean's lawyer smirks as if amused by my innocence and awkwardness.

I nod and continue.

"Thinking back, I don't think I put in on properly. I asked Demi because it obviously wasn't her first time. So no I don't. I'm pretty sure I am the father. I love that girl whether he is the father or not"

"Do you agree with why Demi refused to do the DNA test, or do you think it was to hide the fact my client is the father of the child?" He raises one of his dark grey eyebrows as if he's judging me or questioning my relationship with Lucy and Demi.

He's giving my middle finger a boner!

"I understand one hundred percent why she doesn't want one! If Dean was the father, she wouldn't have lied to Joe before any of this even happened! I love that child so much it hurts and I wouldn't want to know she's shares half her genes with the man who strangled her mother if she did! I wouldn't want to know that my daughter is related to that monster! Imagine how Lucy would feel if she found out that he were her dad?! I pray every day that the condom wasn't on properly, that I’m her dad! And I know Demi wouldn't lie about that"

My voice rose throughout as he is trying to portray her as a liar when she's far from it, she just wants justice and to get him out of our lives.

"She lied to you about many things according to you, your friends and even Demi herself, why wouldn't she lie about this?"

I slam my palms down on the wooden balcony. The judge snaps at me to calm down but as soon as he finishes, I burst.

"She lied to protect herself and me! She lied because she had to! She lied so I wouldn’t find him and inflict what he'd done to her for months! But she knew him, she knew what he was like, she knew he'd hurt me! Have you seen the guy?! All that muscle! Imagine what he'd done to me, especially after seeing what he'd done to her! Imagine what would have happened if she didn't lie! Imagine if she'd not left! When she left, no one knew but Ashton and I know now that's why he wanted to leave as soon as he could! I love her so much and I knew she lied to protect us all from that monster!"

I turn and point at the monster that hurt the one person I love more than anything. No one could look at him, but I could, I had to look at the person I hated the most in the world and tell him exactly how I feel towards this abomination of a man.

"You destroyed her life! When she was happy, she had your voice telling her she was worthless and to stop being happy! You not only scarred her body but you scarred her heart! I will never hate someone as much as you because I can't see how someone can be so cruel, so inhumane towards someone they're supposed to love! I hope everyone finally sees you as the monster you are! I hope, I pray you get locked up for a long time because you fucking deserve it! When I saw her lying on her hospital bed unconscious, broken and her neck marked by your hand, I wanted to kill you! I did but you don't deserve peace! You don't deserve to not feel! You have to live every day with what you've done while I hold her in my arms as she cries after she wakes from you tormenting her dreams!"

All I can hear in everyone in stunned silence with my voice filling the room. I can't feel anything, just the blood pumping through my veins, my heart pounding through my chest, my love for her replacing each cell.